BridgeClimb Sydney is temporarily closed until further notice
Following the recent Government announcement, BridgeClimb as a non-essential service has taken the step to close its operations from close of business 23 March 2020, to join the efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 in Australia.
Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge with an expert guide for the ultimate Sydney experience. Get amazing views and learn all about the iconic structure during your climb to the 440-foot (134-meter) summit. You have several options for your climb, including a BridgeClimb Sampler that goes halfway up, or a BridgeClimb Summit Express for a rigorous ascent at a faster pace. No matter which option you choose, ascending this famous landmark gives you a spectacular perspective on Sydney and an exhilarating sense of achievement. Each BridgeClimb is limited to a maximum of 14 participants to ensure personalized attention in a small group.
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Commemorative certificate, cap, pass to the Pylon Lookout and group photo
- Entry/Admission - BridgeClimb
- Entry/Admission - Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your BridgeClimb experience starts at the Sydney Harbour Bridge Visitors Centre where you meet your guide, receive a comprehensive safety briefing and put on the provided BridgeSuit, a specially designed coverall worn over your clothing.
When you’re ready, follow your expert Climb Leader through a purpose-built tunnel that leads to the bridge. Securely clipped into a safety wire, start to climb the steady incline up the arches of the bridge, traversing catwalks and ladders all the way to the 440-foot (134-meter) summit. At the top, stop to admire panoramic views of Sydney and its surroundings. To the east you can see the sails of the Sydney Opera House and to the west the majestic Blue Mountains are visible in the distance (on a clear day).
Throughout your tour, you can hear your guide via provided headsets. Listen to informative commentary and fun stories about the history of Sydney and the bridge and receive plenty of encouragement during your climb. Your guide stops at scenic points along the way so that you can take in the sights.
The 3.5-hour BridgeClimb is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness. The 2.5-hour Express Climb proceeds at a faster pace with fewer stops. The 1.5-hour Sampler Climb goes to a halfway point inside the inner arch before returning to the ground. Select a VIVID Climb available during festival dates only.
After all tours, receive a complimentary group photo, commemorative certificate and BridgeClimb cap. Please see more details about each tour under Itinerary below.
Departure Point :BridgeClimb Sydney, 3 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions (with the exception of extreme weather conditions such as an electrical storm)
- A reasonable level of fitness with full body control and hand-eye-foot coordination is required
- Every participant will be required to complete a BridgeClimb Declaration Form prior to climb. This will be provided on the day of the climb.
- Climbers 75 years and over can climb with a Certificate of Fitness, signed by their GP
- IMPORTANT: Minimum age is 8 years. Children under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum 3 children per adult.
- Minimum height is 4 feet (1.2 meters)
- If you are less than 24 weeks pregnant, you are required to consult a medical practitioner and have a signed consent form. If you are over 24 weeks pregnant, you are unable to climb.
- Alcohol should not be consumed prior to the climb. Every participant will undergo an alcohol breath test and will not be permitted to participate if their blood alcohol concentration reading is 0.05% or higher or if they are under the influence of drugs (legal or illegal)
- Participants should be ready to wear a BridgeSuit over their clothing
- Please wear suitable closed-toe rubber-sole shoes such as running, sport or hiking shoes, that offer comfort, support and grip. PVC and leather soled shoes are not suitable.
- Lockers are provided, as loose objects including but not limited to cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, handbags and any other personal items cannot be taken on the bridge.
- The experience involves climbing high ladders and catwalks, prolonged stair climbing, uneven surfaces and narrow passage ways and exposure to all weather conditions
- Failure to be at the check-in point at the specified departure time or to meet any of the above requirements will result in cancellation without refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by BridgeClimb Sydney