Sydney The Rocks Historical Pub Tour with Drinks and Dinner
Come on an all-inclusive journey to Sydney's oldest and most charismatic pubs as you wander through Australia’s oldest neighbourhood, The Rocks. With dinner and drinks all included, you will be “Edutained” by an expert, local, passionate guide as you venture into the heart of Australian pub culture, and experience first-hand how much these charming locations have shaped Aussie culture.
Maximum group size: 16 travelers
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional, local guide
- 5 drinks
- Group photos
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You will be escorted, on foot to heritage pubs, where upon entry to each, you will be offered your choice of Australian craft beer, cider or wine.
Dinner is included. Simply present your booking confirmation to the DUTY MANAGER at The Australian Heritage Hotel (100 Cumberland St, The Rocks) to receive your meal and drink inclusion, no later than 5:30pm on the day of your tour. You can also choose to have your meal deal at the end of the pub tour (approximately 9:30pm) if you wish.
You must then make your way to Hart's Pub (cnr Essex & Gloucester Sts, The Rocks) to meet your guide at 6:30pm. Hart's Pub is a short 2 minute walk from The Australian Hotel.
PLEASE NOTE: THE GUIDED TOUR BEGINS AT HART'S PUB AT 6:30PM.
As your evening unfolds, you will gain exclusive access to hidden areas not open to the public, including, an original convict gaol cell, and a rooftop with spectacular views of The Sydney Harbour Bridge and city skyline. Your local guide will relish sharing the history and mysteries of The Rocks, as you hear why there are actually three pubs that can claim the mantle as ‘Sydney's Oldest Pub’. Learn how Australia's only military uprising was because of alcohol, and how the outbreak of the bubonic plague affected ‘the taste of a beer'.
Soak up the atmosphere of a once forgotten era, rife with corruption, shady characters and organised crime, and discover hidden tunnels used for rum smugglers and shanghaiing unsuspecting sailors, all with a drink in your hand. Fun, group photo’s taken throughout the tour will be available for free download from our social media platforms, so come and enjoy an ale and a tale, as you step out for a night on the tiles. Cheers.
Departure Point :100 Cumberland St, The Rocks NSW 2000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.