Sydney to Brisbane Northbound
Explore Australia’s stunning east coast, taking in the iconic sights of Byron Bay and Fraser Island, as you make your way from continental Sydney to bustling Brisbane. Sample wine and cheese in the Hunter Valley, get up close to koalas at an animal hospital, splash about in pristine swimming holes, and cruise around the picture-perfect Fraser Island.
Why you'll love this trip
- Hand selected three and four star twin share accommodation, amazing inclusions such as a Port Macquarie sunset cruise and day trip to Fraser Island
- Amazing local food experiences such as a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay
- Small group travel, maximum of 15 people
7 days, 6 nights
- Experienced tour guide
- Meals as indicated: 7 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 1 dinner
- Travel in air-conditioned minivan
- Accommodation: Hotel (9 nights)
- Activities as detailed in itinerary
1. Day 1 is an arrival day. You can arrive into Sydney at any time this evening and head to the hotel. There will be a reservation under your name.
2. This trip finishes around ten a.m. on day 8. You are free to depart on a later flight that day.
3. This itinerary is the first section of a longer 14 day Sydney to Cairns trip.
- Day 1 : Sydney arrival dayYour East Coast Australia tour experience starts in Australia's Harbour City, the glittering jewel in the east coast's crown. Make your own way to our hotel, check in at reception, relax and get some sleep: the adventure begins tomorrow. There are no meals included on this day.Meals :NoneDay 2 : Sydney and the world famous HarbourMeet your guide early this morning around 7am for a tour briefing, before hitting up a local café for breakfast. Then, set off to explore some of Sydney’s most beautiful spots on a walking tour, taking in the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. Hop on the ferry to Watson’s Bay for lunch (fish and chips!), then walk along the towering coastal cliffs – keep your eye out for dolphins swimming below. Return to the CBD for dinner and a chance to indulge in some of Sydney’s famous nightlife.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 3 : Hunter Valley and New CastleLeave the hustle and bustle of Sydney behind for the chilled out Hunter Valley. Our own personal wildlife ranger will point out koalas and kangaroos as we make our way to a gourmet lunch – yes, there will be cheese, and wine, and chocolate (the Hunter is famous for it!). Visit Newcastle for an evening of live music.Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 4 : Port Macquarie via ForsterAfter breakfast, hit Lakes Way for a coastal walk, then climb up to the lookout for exceptional views across the water. In your free time, perhaps stretch out on the beach (don’t forget the sunscreen) or, if you’re feeling more adventurous, hire a stand-up paddleboard or kayak, or just enjoy a swim. In the afternoon, continue on to Port Macquarie for a sunset cruise.Meals :BreakfastDay 5 : Dorrigo National ParkMeet the fuzzy patients at the local koala hospital, then travel to Dorrigo National Park, an area famous for its lush rainforest and waterfalls. End the day in true Australian style – at a traditional Aussie pub.Meals :BreakfastDay 6 : Dorrigo National Park - Byron BaySplash about in Dangar Falls, then head to the laid-back surfer hub of Byron Bay. Visit the local lighthouse for photos, and keep your eyes open for a chance to spot dolphins and whales frolicking off the coast.Meals :BreakfastDay 7 : Byron BayGet up early or sleep late, sunrises are pretty ace at from Australia's most easterly point, but the choice is yours. It’s a free day today. Perhaps start the day with a swim in the ocean, indulge in a massage, or stretch out your limbs at an optional yoga class. Otherwise take a stroll around town and check out what all the fuss is about.Meals :NoneDay 8 : BrisbaneAfter breakfast, cross the border and travel north to Brisbane where it’s time to say farewell. The trip ends in Brisbane's CBD or airport. Tonight's accommodations isn't included in the tour cost, but additional nights are available upon request. (don't forget to tell us when you're booking your trip.)Meals :Breakfast
Departs: Macleay Hotel, 28 MacLeay St, Elizabeth Bay, Sydney
Day 1 is an arrival day and there are no activities planned. Make your way to the Macleay Hotel and check in for the evening.
January 05, 19, February 02, 16, March 02, 16, April 06, May 04, June 01, July 06, 20, August 03, 17, September 07, October 05, 19, November 16, 30
January 04, 18, February 01, 15, March 01, 15
Finishes: Brisbane CBD (Hotel - Royal On The Park), or at Brisbane Airport between 10.30am & 11.30am
- Yoga in Byron Bay - AUD70
- Learn to Surf Byron Bay - AUD70
- Kayak Tour Byron Bay - AUD64