Syracuse: Traditional Sicilian Arancini Cooking Class
Discover Syracuse and its culinary traditions. Help prepare typical local delicacies by entering the home of your friendly chef and host and learn to prepare your own arancini, and discover all the secrets behind this gourmet food.
The arancino is considered to be the product of rotisserie most characteristic of Sicily region known and famous around the world. The name is derived from the spherical shape and color that make it similar to an orange. They come in large rice balls stuffed traditionally with a special meat sauce, then breaded and fried.
You can count about 100 variants of those that are most common in Sicily with meat sauce, the butter (with mozzarella, ham and, sometimes, white sauce) and spinach (also topped with mozzarella), and again 'the norm' (with eggplant, also known as 'the Catania') and Bronte pistachio. Once the work is completed, enjoy the fruits of your labor in a joyful atmosphere. Get ready for an amazing experience in Syracuse.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Arancino class
- Snacks - Arancini tasting
What's excluded :
- Learn to prepare typical Sicilian arancini with a friendly local chef. You will discover all the secrets behind this local recipe while learning culinary tips and curiosities. At the end of the experience, enjoy arancini tasting with your old and new friends.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.