Table Mountain Hike
One of the most spectacular hikes up Table Mountain, aiming to depart around sunrise, seeing the sun flood into the city from behind the mountain is breathtaking
Whilst seeming impossible, the route becomes adventurous, not too challenging and achievable.
Views are initially of the North (front) of the Mountain, then along the 12 Apostle West face of the Mountain.
Photography stops always accommodated, inexperienced hikers welcomed.
Please be prepared for changing temperatures, a light weight waterproof jacket, fleece and base layer may all be required.
A head torch is useful but not necessary
You will be exposed to heights, and wide open expanses, this is not a hike for those with a fear of these
Your guide will fill you in with details of the flora and surrounding history.
The Descent down Platteklip gorge is rarely taken up, most guests opting for the Cable car, however if the Cable car is not running then the default is to hike down, please be prepared to hike down.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - Please bring at least 750ml of water if you are fit, 1.5 Litres if you are not or it is warm. Mountain water is available, but may not be suited to your tastes.
- Coffee and/or Tea - Your guide will most likely arrange a viewing stop and he doesnt share coffee very well!
- Private transportation
India Venster is a challenging and popular hike up Table Mountain, it incorporates all the elements of adventure in a relatively safe package, that is completely achievable for the average hiker.
The Duration is dependent upon ones fitness, but approximately:
Two and a half hours ascent.
45 minutes at the top.
2 hour descent down Platteklip gorge.
Optional descend via Cable car (at your expense)
Optional hike to Maclears Beacon 90mins
There is an element of scrambling involved on this hike but is combined with staples in the rock to ease the ascent.
No ropes are required but the guide will carry one if that measure of stability for comforts sake is required, and to facilitate in emergencies. (I dont plan to have an emergency, but I plan to be prepared)
The Hike will be abandoned if the conditions are deemed unsuitable by the guide, based on experience of the conditions which may differ further up the mountain. Rain and wind are the two mitigating factors, not visibility
If a guest decides to abandon the hike, I will hike down with them, before resuming the hike. This delay is a safety precaution brought out of necessity.
• Table Mountain National Park 8001 South Africa
Departure Point :Tafelberg Road, Tafelberg Rd, Table Mountain (Nature Reserve), Cape Town, South Africa
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/6/2019 - 9/26/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 01:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.