Tailor-made day tour from Marrakech to Kasbah Lmoufti
Enjoy a full day trip outside the red city to explore the berber villages in the high atlas mountains, discover the life style of berber people in a full day with a berber family, ride the donkey and discover the life of the people in the villages.
• Explore the berber villages in the high atlas mountains
• Discover the life style of berbers
• Experience a cooking workshop and learn about the traditional berber meals
• Ride donkeys to explore the wonders around the berber villages
• Enjoy a traditional Moroccan berber meals
• Experience a full day with berber family and discover the secretc of their private life
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air conditioned 4WD or Minivan
- English speaking driver guide
- Cooking workshop chief
- Donkey ride and Walking tour
- Lunch bottled water and tea
- Ideal for families and groups
- Entry/Admission - High Atlas Mountains
What's excluded :
- Tips and gratuities
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: High Atlas Mountains, 40000 Morocco
Day Trip Itinerary :
This day trip includes a variety of experiences: a guided walk in the rivers/ valleys, a visit to the local Berber villages and a Berber family, an olive press and old mill plus a local bread-making demonstration.
You’ll enjoy a tasty Berber lunch in one of the most dramatic settings in the High Atlas, and have plenty of time to sit back and relax soaking up the breathtaking views and clean mountain air.
Leaving the walls of the ‘Red City’ you will travel up into the high valleys of the High Atlas Mountains. En route to the Atlas you’ll pass through the busy little towns which is a buzz of activity as local Berbers ply to sell their produce and goods (various markets during the week each village has market day – a particularly interesting day to visit). The final stretch of the journey to the village where you will experience a workshop cooking class with a berber family step by step. The chief will be available to show you how to prepare some traditional meals and which you will have as your lunch today.
Exploring the Berber Village and ride donkeys :
Before lunch you’ll enjoy a guided walk by donkeys through village, down to the river,learning about the local agriculture and typical village life in a community of only 40 or so families. Back at the family house you’ll see a demonstration of how local bread is made the traditional way and have chance to sample locally produced organic olive oil, wild thyme and lavender plus yummy organic honey. Once the Lunch you prepared is ready, you will enjoy your meals in a leisurely affair, ideally taken on the terrace or set on the floor as locals. After lunch the chief will show you how to prepare a juice from fresh seasonal fruits and a Moroccan mint tea.
After lunch there’s chance to burn off the calories on a 3 km walk down through the Valleys and then you will come back to the house to stay under the willow trees, some bird spotting (over 150 species of birds are native to the area). After that we meet your vehicle for the drive back to Marrakech.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from their accommodation at 9 AM
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.