Taj Mahal Scooter Tour
This tour offers you to discover the legacy of Mughals by riding a scooter in the heart of the city. Explore the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Agra's other famous attractions in a unique way, giving you the opportunity to see the beauty more closely and to gain deeper insight into local life.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of scooter
- Local guide
- 1 bottle of water
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees of the monuments
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You will be picked up from the meeting point and your guide will take you to the iconic Taj Mahal during sunrise. Taj Mahal, "the epitome of love", is "a monument of immeasurable beauty". The beauty of this magnificent monument is such that it is beyond the scope of words. The thoughts that come into the mind while watching the Taj Mahal of Agra is not just its phenomenal beauty, but the immense love which was the reason behind its construction. Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan got this monument constructed in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal, with whom he fell in love at the first sight. Ironically, the very first sight of the Taj Mahal, the epitome of love and romance, also leaves visitors mesmerized and perpetually enthralled.
After visiting the Taj Mahal, return to your hotel to take a break or stop for breakfast. After about an hour or so, ride to Agra Fort, also known as the “Lal–Qila”, “Fort Rouge” or “Qila-i-Akbari.” Agra Fort is the symbol of power, strength and resilience, as it stands today in full glory. It is located on the right bank of the river Yamuna in the city of Agra in Uttar Pradesh. It is one of the most important and robustly built stronghold of the Mughals, embellished with number of richly decorated buildings encompassing the imposing Mughal style of art and architecture. It was constructed by the third Mughal emperor Akbar on the remains of an ancient site known as Badalgarh.
Afterwards, visit the Marble Inlay factory to enjoy the beauty of marble inlay work. The majestic art of inlaying semi-precious stones on marble or Parchinkari was introduced in India by the Great Mughal rulers more than 400 years ago. This art is the most exquisite art form of India, the Taj Mahal being its brightest example.
Now ride down the lane in the street of Agra's local market to take a heritage walk. The concept is to give a rare behind-the-scene glimpse of one of the world’s most treasured tourist attractions. The heritage walk is one (1) km stretch through India’s Mughal history and amicable people, truly an unforgettable experience.
Finally, proceed to visit Mehtab Bagh. The Mehtab Bagh garden was the last of eleven Mughal-built gardens along the Yamuna, opposite the Taj Mahal and the Agra Fort. It is also noted that Emperor Shah Jahan had identified a site from the crescent-shaped, grass-covered floodplain across the Yamuna River as an ideal location for viewing the Taj Mahal. It was then created as "a moonlit pleasure garden called Mehtab Bagh. Enjoy sunset from Mehtabh Bagh and enjoy the beautiful view of Taj. Your tour ends at here.
Departure Point :Meeting point is at Costa Coffee point located on Fatheabad Road
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :Mehtab Bagh
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum age for driving is 18 years
- You are required to present an international motorcyle drivers license to go on this tour.
- In case of bad or rainy weather, the tour will be conducted in a minivan
- Riders have to pass a skills test before they will be allowed to ride the scooter.
- Please note that you have to leave your passport as security for the scooter. You will be provided a letter of confirmation that your passport is being held during the tour and will sign for its release at the end of the tour.
- A maximum of 1 adult per booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.