Taking Medicinal Paths in Yangon
A powerful medicinal movement still flows through Myanmar –using nature as the source to create traditional medicine. Its healing powers and believes of treating ailments of any kind are deeply rooted in Burmese culture and explored during this half day.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- One hour foot massage
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Any optional entrance fees for visits
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kon Zay Dan Street, Kon Zay Dan St, Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
You will meet your English speaking guide at your hotel lobby in Yangon before heading out to the Valhalla of traditional medicine – the medicine market at Kon Zay Dan Street. Curiosity creeps in as soon as you exit your vehicle for the coming period and wander through the collection of shops and apothecaries, showing a broad selection of glass jars, drawers and pots, each with their purpose and cure. Alongside your guide, the smell of herbs, bark, leaves and flowers are merely a fraction of the sensory overload you will experience, once entering one of these bastions of local medicine. It comes without saying that gaining a diagnostic review of your health from a practitioner – the experience of receiving a different view on your physical and mental health is something one has to try out. Benefits aside, your guide will translate what these physicians may recommend.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
Massages of any kind, accompanied with the right blend of herbs and spices, have proven to ease the body in a better state of relaxation as well as improve blood circulation. For centuries, acupressure combined with herbal treatments, these treatments have widely regarded as solid proof for its medicinal values.
A one-hour foot massage at the end of your journey ends your half-day excursion before being transferred back to your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Yangon’s central business district hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Yangon’s central business district. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside the Central Business District, cruise ports and Yangon’s International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.