Tamgaly Petroglyphs Private Day Tour, Inclusive of Lunch and Hotel Pickup
Do you want to feel yourself as an explorer of an ancient sanctuary with plenty of rock paintings? This tour route provides you an incomparable opportunity to visit the unique monuments of the past – Tamgaly petroglyphs – which is one of 5 cultural and natural monuments of Kazakhstan protected by UNESCO. For centuries the rocks of this canyon and narrow valley of Tamgaly retained value of the sanctuary - the place where ritual ceremonies were hold, magic rituals were performed, worship of the gods and the spirits of ancestors took place.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Packed lunch
- All Fees and Taxes
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Museum-Reserve Tamgaly
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum-Reserve Tamgaly, Tamgaly Kazakhstan
You will be picked up from your accommodation in the city to start your journey to Tamgaly Petroglyphs on a comfortable car or minivan.
Driving to Tamgaly gorge, which is located 170 km to north-west from Almaty, takes around 2,5-3 hours one way. At the beginning you will pass by one of the busiest suburbs of Almaty – Altyn Orda market area with very active traffic. The second half of the road you will be driving through the vast Kazakh steppes with rare horsemen, poppy fields in May and camels, sometimes grazing far from the farms.
Upon arrival to the Tamgaly site, you will leave the car at the parking lot and follow the guide inside to the gorge. There are 6 petroglyphic «galleries» with more than 4000 rock carvings. You will visit 4 of them, located in the gorge in circle and depicting scenes from the life of ancient people and the most intriguing sun-headed deities. Approximate walking distance is 1,5-3 km on paths on uneven rocks and stony area. The excursion will last around 1,5-2 hours, after which you will enjoy your picnic lunch.
Estimated arrival time to your hotel is around 7:00pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all hotels in central Almaty
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.