Tarquinia&Cerveteri private day trip from Rome
The most striking aspect of Tarquinia is undoubtedly the legacy left by the Etruscans. The Necropolis of Monterozzi (the highlight of your visit) dates back around 3000 years and has about 200 painted tombs.Visiting the Necropolis of Tarquinia (inserted onto the UNESCO World Heritage List in 2004, ) is beyond doubt the best way to get to know the magnitude and at the same time the artistic refinement of the Etruscan people. Not less interesting, to learn about the Etruscans, is The Necropoli della Banditaccia, in Cerveteri which has been declared by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site together with the necropolis in Tarquinia. It covers an area of 400 hectares (990 acres), of which 10 hectares (25 acres) can be visited, encompassing a total of about 1,000 tombs often housed in characteristic mounds. It is the largest ancient necropolis in the Mediterranean area.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking driver, air-conditioned Mercedese sedan or minivan
What's excluded :
- beverage, food, gratuities
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli di Tarquinia
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli della Banditaccia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Necropoli di Tarquinia, Strada Provinciale 43, 01016, Tarquinia Italy
After meeting the english speaking driver at your hotel, you go on board and make the way to Tarquinia: Center of Southern Etruria, symbol of Etruscan art par excellence, and Medieval town of great charm, Tarquinia has much to offer.
With precious monuments and museums, a charming and historic town center and important UNESCO's World Heritage archaeological sites, this beautiful city of Etruscan origins is a real concentration of art. With over 200 depicted tombs, the frescoes of the necropolis of Monterozzi represent the wider existing pictorial collection of Etruscan art and at the same time the most important document of the whole ancient painting before the Roman imperial period.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Necropoli della Banditaccia, Via della Necropoli 43/45, 00052, Cerveteri Italy
After Tarquinia, the driver will take you to another unique place: The Etruscan Necropolis at Cerveteri called The Banditaccia, which is a uniquely haunting archaeological site. Built by this prosperous people between the seventh and the third centuries BC, the 'city' is still not fully excavated, but there are a remarkable number of stone tombs lining little streets, and you can easily spend several hours exploring.
The enigmatic Etruscans built cities and ports that have long since disappeared, but the care and industry they put into the homes for their dead has resulted in a lasting monument. The experience of clambering inside these tombs is unmissable... it's also rather eerie and feels faintly invasive.
The Banditaccia Necropolis site, a short distance outside the small town of Cerveteri, is huge and surprisingly bare of visitors. You can wander as you please - and take a torch. The major tombs are signposted, have steps for access and lights for illumination, but the majority of interiors are accessible only to the intrepid. There are distinct types and ages of tomb. The majority contain stone 'beds' with carved pillows, some also provide what seem to be stone chairs. There are round tombs, square tombs, posh tomb development and streets of terraced tombs. For sure, if you like Etruscan history, this is an experience you will remeber for the rest of your life.
You can even enjoy a beautiful lunch before having your visit in the archeological site. After this, you go back to Rome. Drop off at your hotel in center Rome.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up - drop off at your centrally-located accomodation in Rome.For pick up outside Rome, (oter villages, airport, etc), we charge for tranfser, according the distance from the city.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- as long as the Covid-19 emergency persists, temperature checks for travelers are absolutely necessary in some tours and excursions that include museums, indoor places and busy areas.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.