Tasmania's Domaine Simha Wine Tasting Experience
Join us at Institut Polaire, the home of Domaine Simha Wines, for a unique tasting experience. Sessions cater from 2 - 10 persons and include 6 tasting samples accompanied by notes and a cheese platter to share. Available from 12-4pm Saturdays and 3-5pm Sundays, please allow approximately 45 minutes.
Crafted by hand, just 2-3 barrels of each Domaine Simha wine are made each year. An avant-garde approach shapes living wine relying on ancient knowledge and intuition. At heart lies the epic beauty of Tasmania’s pure natural environment, sparkling air and ancient soil. Founder and winemaker, Nav Singh spearheaded a new wave of winemaking in Tasmania, opening the doors to progressive styles that are highly sought by top sommeliers and collectors. Singh’s natural methods embrace harvesting by lunar cycle on fruit and flower days with wild fermentation, perfect natural balance and superb ageing potential.
per adult from
What's included :
- Wine Tasting
- Cheese Platter
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
What's excluded :
- additional food and drink (optional)
- Upon arrival at Institut Polaire, settle into the snowy, luxe interior taking a seat at the marble bar, or private tasting room for larger groups. Our cellar door team will guide you through 6 wine samples. Wines may include Domaine Simha Rao Chardonnay, Raya Sauvage, Rama Pinot Noir, Lotus Amphora Riesling, Lionheart Amphora Pinot, and Beauregard Amphora Pinot. Selection changes seasonally and with availability. A tailored cheese platter to share, enjoyed between samples, completes the experience.
The house of Simha originates from sanskrit for lion. To honour an heroic heritage, Domaine Simha wines take their titles from royalty and legends of the East. Crafted by hand in micro batches, just 2-3 barrels of each Domaine Simha wine are made. Single vineyard wines are shaped au naturel to harness the provenance of epic Tasmanian terroir and season. Methods embrace harvesting by lunar cycle on fruit and flower days, whole bunch wild fermentation with traditional pigeage, maturation in custom demi-muid oak and clay amphorae, basket pressing, bottling unfined and unfiltered with perfect natural balance.
'A rare talent' GOURMET TRAVELLER WINE
'Top 10 wines of 2014' WINE TIMES HK
95+ JAMES HALLIDAY CHARDONNAY CHALLENGE
Departure Point :Institut Polaire
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.