Taste Athens Food Walk: Market Visit & Delicious Lunch for small groups
Join us on a small group (up to 8ppl) food walk through the buzzing vibe, colours and flavours of the Central Fish & Meat Market and savour along the way, more than 20 local tastes, among others:
• Delicious spanakopita and bougatsa pie with cream/cheese.
• Six different local cheeses and cold-cuts.
• Original Greek yogurt with honey or wild cherry preserve.
• A selection of top-quality olives and extra virgin olive oil.
• Different types of honey, eg from thyme, pine and fir tree.
• Traditional Greek coffee made on hot sand!
• An array of different meze (tapas) made with fresh vegetable, meat and fish straight from the market.
• Heavenly desserts, eg baklava and a unique flavoured ice-cream.
• Can be adjusted for vegetarians.
• Walking tour for 2 to 10 people
• Tours normally start at 10 am, but can be scheduled to begin anytime upon request, the latest at 2 pm.
• Dietary restrictions and food allergies can be accommodated upon request
per adult from
What's included :
- 15 local tastings
- Visit to the food maket
- The chance to try and buy local specialties
- Insider tips and recommendations from your local host
- Meet other people from around the world
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Monastiraki, Athens Greece
Local host Marina is a certified culinary travel professional, Greek wine guide and avid food traveler. She's been leading food tours and wine tastings in Athens for more than 3 years and has an advanced certificate in Greek wines and spirits. Ready to start the tour?
Pass By: Central Market Athens, Monastiraki Greece
You’ll be delighted to share a plethora of local delicacies including, among others, top-quality olives and extra-virgin olive oil, a wide selection of cheeses and cold cuts, freshly baked pastries and heavenly desserts such as the famous Greek baklava!
Together we will unveil all the must-have foodie spots of downtown Athens and leave it up to you to decide what to taste or not. The cost of food is included in this tour, but of course you're welcome to buy extra along the way if you'd like!
Departure Point :Monastiraki, Athina, Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To ensure the safety of our community, we’ve created health and safety guidelines and resources for our hosts based on the World Health Organization's recommendations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.