Taste of Panama City: Walking Tour with Food and Drinks in Casco Viejo
Eat and drink your way through Panama City’s historic Casco Viejo district, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed old quarter, which dates back to the 1670s and is now home to some of the city’s hippest food and drink joints. With a knowledgeable guide, visit a coffee roastery, a chocolate shop, a microbrewery, a seafood market and a rooftop cocktail bar, sampling culinary delights as you go. In addition, while you move from place to place, you’ll get a walking tour of the neighborhood and its historical landmarks. This culinary adventure is limited to 12 people, giving you a small-group experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - Food and drink samples (coffee, chocolate, beer sampler, ceviche, rum)
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick Up and Drop Off
- Food and Drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Casco Viejo, Avenida Central, Panama City Panama
Meet your local guide and fellow culinary explorers at Café Unido Coffee Roasters, where you’ll begin your Panama City food and drinks tour with a tasting of high-end coffee. Sip a sample made from Geisha beans — some of Panama’s best (and one of the world’s most expensive) — and learn about the country’s coffee industry from a local coffee farmer and roaster.
Now that you’re a bit caffeinated, move on to your next stop, a gourmet food shop that specializes in rich Panamanian chocolate. On your way there, enjoy your walk through the World Heritage-listed Casco Viejo district (also known as Casco Antiguo), passing by historical landmarks like the Arco Chato (Flat Arch).
When you arrive at the food shop, sample a piece of organic chocolate from the Bocas del Toro province, where the chocolate is produced by the Ngöbe, an indigenous group. Then take another walk through Casco Viejo toward your next destination, stopping along the way for photo ops of the stunning Metropolitan Cathedral and white-washed Presidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas).
Next up is a local microbrewery, where you can enjoy a tasting of four beers — whichever are on tap that day. Take a look at the brewery facilities to see how the local beer is made, and learn a bit about beermaking in Panama from your guide.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Seafood Market, Av Balboa s/n, Panamá, Panama
Continue your adventure along the malecón (sea wall) to a seafood market, where you’ll enjoy some fresh ceviche, a Panamanian specialty that’s also common throughout Central and South America. Panamanian ceviche typically consists of small pieces of fresh raw fish cured in lime juice and flavored with chopped onion and cilantro, and it’s one of the best things you’ll eat all day.
Finally, head to your last stop, a rooftop bar, for a rum cocktail made with 7-year-old Ron Abuelo, which comes from one of Panama's oldest rum producers. As you sip your drink, watch the sunset over the city. Your tour ends here, where you can stay on your own to continue your evening in Panama City, or find perhaps another spot in Casco Viejo to have drinks and dinner.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :American Trade Hotel & Hall, Av Central, Panamá, Panama
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.