Tate Modern Art Gallery Private Guided Tour for Kids & Families in London
Join us on an exploration of London’s collection of modern and contemporary art by artists of the calibre of Picasso, Dali, Rothko and Matisse through a private guided tour for families with children.
Created in the year 2000 with the spectacular transformation of a disused power station, Tate Modern displays the UK's premier collection of international modern art, defined as art created from 1900 onwards and including works from the 21st century.
Learn how to play with modern art with our top rated private guide!
per adult from
What's included :
- Blue Badge guide
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Professional kid-friendly guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Tate Modern
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pinocchio Tours, London England
Stop At: Tate Modern, 53 Bankside, London SE1 9TG England
One of London's finest attractions, this outstanding modern and contemporary art gallery is housed in the creatively revamped Bankside Power Station south of the Millennium Bridge.
Meet our guide at the main entrance of the Tate Modern and start a magical journey through the colours and shapes of the splendid works of art on display.
Sometimes visiting art galleries with children can be overwhelming, but we want your visit to be as enjoyable as possible, and that's why our professional guide will keep your children interested, excited and keen.
The Tate Modern collection includes important masterpieces by both Picasso and Matisse, and houses one of the world's finest museum collections of Surrealism, including works by Dalí, Ernst, Magritte and Mirò. Furthermore, its substantial holdings of American Abstract Expressionism include major works by Pollock, as well as the nine Seagram Murals by Rothko.
Tate also has significant collections of Pop art, including major works by Lichtenstein and Warhol, as well as Minimal art and Conceptual art.
Our tour will be a selection from the above demonstrating the range of the collection, putting works of art in their artistic, social and historical context, and offering suggestions of interpretation. Kids will be engaged though fun activities during the visit customised by our professional kid-friendly guide.
The museum's location is also supreme, enhanced by its popular balconies. The magnificent view is elegantly conveyed by the Millennium Bridge directly to St Paul's Cathedral in the City on the far bank of the river.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Tate Modern, London SE1, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Pinocchio Tours