Teatime at a Monastery in Bagan
An insight in the solitary lifestyle of Buddhist monks in Bagan – this exclusive view into their routines, hardly shown to the outside world has now become accessible for outsiders. Our afternoon encounter with the secretive lives of Burmese faithful.
• Get an exclusive look into the world of monkhood
• Have a chance to chat with a Burmese monk
• Learn more about the Kappiya as part of monkhood
• Savour a cup of local tea with snacks
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Coffee, tea and dry snacks at the end of the monastery visit
What's excluded :
- Bagan Archaeological Site entrance fees
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Monastery
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Bagan Monastery, Chauk, Myanmar (Burma)
You are welcomed by the monks who are eager to answer your questions or have a chat with – your guide will be standing by for essential translations and explain how to approach the monks respectfully. Bound by over 200 rules and regulations according to the scriptures of the Lord Buddha, the practices forbids monks and novices to i.e. touching money for which Kappiyas are used to acknowledge and handle these basic needs.
It is the silence, the solitude and the seclusion of their daily practices that will remain forever with each visitor. At the end of casting a glimpse in the lives of Burmese monkhood, you are brought to a shaded spot nearby the monastery for coffee, tea and a selection of dry snacks. It makes the end of an afternoon that has moved and touched those guests witnessing a backstage entrance to a monastery. Return to your accommodation, where you will return at around 4 pm.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located in Old and New Bagan hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Old and New Bagan.
- Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Mount Popa, river cruise ports and Bagan’s Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- It is of the greatest importance to follow the guide’s instructions during this event in paying respect to the local customs. This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- During this tour, we will enter a monastery where a dress code may be applicable. Please dress respectfully by wearing clothing that cover the knees and shoulders, avoid wearing clothing with bright, fluorescent colours of any kind, obscene prints or pictures or beach wear.
- This includes approaching the monks, taking photographs and obeying the unwritten rules and regulations of this deeply-spiritual encounter.
- Certain parts in this excursion may not be photographed for specific reasons. We kindly ask for your understanding by following local regulations.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour is only operated in the afternoon.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.