Temple of the Sun & Sacsaywaman Archaeological Park from Cusco
Visit the "Must Sees of Cusco" in an confortable and enjoyable shared afternoon bus tour. Discover the architectural masterpieces of the Incas that used megalithic rocks, some of them weighing as much as 125 tons
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Starting your tour at 1:30pm you will get to know the "Must Sees" of Cusco.
Explore the Qorikancha or Sun Temple, now referred to as Santo Domingo Church. The curved stonework of the temple is probably unequalled in the world which probably was covered with gold during the Inca period. Then, visit the impressive archaeological sites around the city: Saqsayhuaman, an Inca complex with huge stone constructions, where the Inti Raymi or Festival of the Sun is held every June. Sacsayhuaman has a great cosmic energy – that is why people think it was an astronomic observatory and an Inca oracle. Explore also Q’enqo, a place used for ceremonial purposes, fertility rites and celebrations of the solstice and equinox, then continue to the Red Fortress of Puca-Pucara and Tambomachay, a beautiful fountain fed by a spring forming a series of basins. To complete the tour a visit to the Cathedral of Cusco would let you understand about the sincretism of two different cultures
Departure Point :Centrally located Cusco Hotels
Departure Time :2 pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.