The Bamboo Experience in Luang Prabang
Nature and Laos – a match made in heaven; around 70% of the country consists of mountains, reaching elevations up to 2800 meters above sea level and with this comes the perfect terrain for one of nature’s most versatile natural materials: bamboo. Local businesses – ranging from construction companies to restaurants – have found numerous ways to use bamboo in their daily lives. Even households in Laos have found useful means in making use of the material in all means possible, including toys and instruments. It is not strange to see that these various means of its functionality are blended into half-day learning and gaining hands-on experience on the possibilities with bamboo.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Entry/Admission - The Bamboo Experience
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in Luang Prabang
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from Luang Prabang’s International Airport or resorts located outside town
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang, Luang Prabang Province
Your driver will be ready to bring you from your hotel in Luang Prabang to the Bamboo Experience, an interactive place where everything revolves around the use of bamboo. As this is a joint experience, you may see more bamboo aficionados partaking on this encounter with this versatile material. You are welcomed by the local team who will be guiding you through all stages and usage of bamboo in a rural, Laotian lifestyle.
Your guide will show you the technique and/or the usage of each product as such fishing tools, music instruments etc. Start your simple bamboo weaving class with an expert – it may be challenging in the beginning but as always, patience is a virtue. The team behind the Bamboo Experience show you the best and safest way to cut the bamboo in workable sheet before moving into the weaving and fabrication stage.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: The Bamboo Experience, Laos
Proceed to the bamboo cooking demonstration (you are free to assist) as such bamboo shoot soup, bamboo shoot steamed in banana leaf, fermented bamboo shoot dipping and sticky rice and more. The fun really starts once your local bamboo professionals show you the rules of local games with bamboo; the competitive edge will bring out the best of everyone!
Savour your creations at the end of the session in a traditional Lao house (Pavilion style) overlooking the pristine scenery and rice fields. The emphasis is to have fun and learn a little about bamboo work and bamboo dishes. We end the morning with a delectable lunch, made of (what else) mainly bamboo! A joint transfer back to your hotel in Luang Prabang is included.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on joint basis only with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou and Nam Khan River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Most travelers can participate
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions
- The Bamboo Experience is only operated in the morning.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.