The Best Bet 4 Days Lhasa Tour with Local Tibet Travel Expert
Immerse yourself in the heat of Lhasa-the Barkhor streets and walk with many Tibetan pilgrims from all over Tibet. The easy tour begins with
Jokhang Temple, Barkhor streets and
Sera monastery on the first day
. After the
proper high altitude acclimatization in the first two days, you will slowly climb up the many stairs to visit the landmark of Lhasa-the world famous
Potala Palace on day 3. And you will be given the opportunity to visit the the summer palace of Dalai Lama-the
Norbulinka. This 4 day Lhasa tour covers the top highlight tourists attractions but you do not visit monasteries one after another. This sets it apart from any other similar tours and it is
absolutely the Best Bet Lhasa tour with flexibility of booking your own hotel. And you may enjoy the free/or discounted entrance tickets policy.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All necessary Travel Permits (also eligible for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal)
- Tibet Travel Expert's Tibetan guide
- One group meal on day 3 (could be lunch or dinner)
- Pick up from airport to hotel: 9:30 am; 1:30 pm; 4:30 pm (1-3 pax per booking by shared shuttle bus, while shared van or mini bus for 4 or more people per booking)
- Shared drop off to airport at 6:30 am; 8:30 am; 12:30 pm
- Pick up/drop off service from and/or to train station: varied depending on customers' arrival time.
- Shared vehicle between Yak Hotel and Norbulinka/Potala Palace, Sera Monastery (1-3 pax by public taxi or bus, while van or mini bus for 4 or more travelers according to final group size)
- Tourist accident/casualty insurance
- Tibet travel permits can be 4 to 7 or 8 days per individual case, thus additional tour can be added and extra to be confirmed with the consultant from the same supplier
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Hotel accommodations (You can book on the internet or via the supplier for better local prices, please book a downtown located hotel)
- Food and drinks (except for one group meal)
- Personal expense of Flight or train tickets
- Admission (entrance) Fees (You may enjoy the seasonal discounted or free entrance tickets prices)
- Gratuities (20-40$ per guest to Tibetan guide and 10-15$ per guest to driver recommended but not compulsory)
- Tibet Group Visa for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal(115 to 215$ p.p depending on nationality)-extra cost to be reconfirmed by the same tour supplier
- Day 1: Arrival with scheduled pick up
Upon arrival, your guide or driver will greet and transfer you to the hotel of your own arrangement for better acclimatization (Fixed pick up from airport to hotel: 9:30 am; 1:30 pm; 4:30 pm, Pick up from train station: varied depending on customers' arrival time. If your arrival schedule differs, you will need to take an airline shuttle bus at CNY 30-35 per person by yourself). Relax for the rest of the day or stroll along the area at your leisure. Hotel by yourself
Day 2: Easy tour of Jokhang Temple, Barkhor streets and Sera Monastery
Your English speaking Tibetan local guide will meet all group members at the lobby of Yak Hotel at 9:25 am with all group members name lists to be checked and reconfirmed one by one. And all clients should get to this hotel lobby at least 5-10 minutes in advance. Your Tibetan local guide will take all group members to leave at 9:30 am on time and walk together slowly to visit the must see attraction of Jokhang Temple and Barkhor streets in the whole morning between 9:30 am and 12 o'clock. Jokhang Temple was founded in the 7th century by the first great Buddhist king Songtsen Gampo. As the most sacred temple in Tibet, Jokhang is situated in the heart of Lhasa city and attracts many pilgrims from around Tibet to worship and walking around. The walking around Jokhang Temple following pilgrims from all over the Tibetan plateau is a must-needed experience.
Meet your guide at Yak Hotel lobby at 2:55 pm, your van/mini bus driver, your guide and all of you will leave at 3 pm for Sera Monastery. Sera Monastery is one of three great universities of Gelugpa Sect. Colorful debates on Buddhist doctrines are held here every afternoon except for Sunday and this is distinctive from the other famous monasteries. Hotel by yourself
Day 3: Summer and Winter Palaces of Dalai Lama: Norbulinka and Potala Palace
You will start the day by exploring the Potala Palace, Tibet's most iconic building. Towering above Lhasa with more than 1000 rooms, the Potala Palace served as the winter residence of the Dalai Lamas for hundreds of years. Another visit is to Norbulinka.
Norbulinka which means ‘treasure garden’ in Tibetan language, is located in the west side of Lhasa, a short distance from the southwest of Potala Palace. It is marked as the world’s highest, largest and best-preserved ancient artificial historical and cultural garden. As part of the ‘Historic Ensemble of Potala Palace’, it is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While the Potala Palace is known as the winter palace of Dalai Lamas, the Norbulingka Palace is known as the summer palace. Guided sightseeing tour ends today. Hotel by yourself
Day 4: Depart Lhasa
Scheduled drop off by shared vehicle to airport at 6:30 am; 8:30 am; 12:30 pm. To train station: depending on customers' departure time.
Departure Point :Lhasa Yak hotel lobby (nearby Dunya Restaurant, 5 mins walking to Jokhang Temple)
Departure Time :9:20 AM
Return Detail :As a group tour, the drop off right after the tour attraction sightseeing is in the downtown center,if you need to be transferred to your own hotel directly after sightseeing, please inform the Tibetan tour guide from tibetctrip.com.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You get instant confirmation if you book at least 15 days before arrival date because permits application process takes time;
- Departure is daily available except for Saturday (as there is no activity in Sera Monastery on Sunday)
- Travelers booking this tour are required to provide passport photo copies upon booking (and deadline is 15 days before arrival date)
- Travelers are required to provide a contact name, phone number, and hotel or residential address in China at least 8 days before tour departure date for Tibet Travel Permits delivery.
- All foreign travelers entering Tibet from Nepal need Additional Tibet Group Visa (This requires additional cost and 3 working days of processing time in Kathmandu). Upon booking, please contact the same supplier for more details. Local tour operator will assist you to obtain this unique visa in Kathmandu.
- All China visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler; If you need China visa to enter China, when you apply it, please do not mention "Tibet".
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.