The best Jinja tour, explore the source of R.Nile world's longest River.
River Nile is well known to be the longest river in the world. Its source starts right from Jinja Uganda, some people may be wondering how the name Nile come about. It’s a famous Greek word simply meaning valley. The river starts from the Northeastern part of Africa. It flows from the surrounding areas close to the equator to the outrageous Safari desert and up to the eastern Mediterranean Sea. The river is about 6696km long and pours its water to over nine countries although it’s more centered to Uganda as well as Egypt and Sudan.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Sezibwa Falls
- Entry/Admission - Mabira Central Forest Reserve
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sezibwa Falls, Mukono Uganda
This tour starts and ends Kampala, After an early breakfast, you will leave Kampala at around 7:00 AM heading towards Jinja . After going through Kampala's early morning traffic jam, our first stop will be at Sezibwa Falls in Mukono District. This is about 42 kilometers from Kampala Town.
Sezibwa Falls is a Buganda Kingdom Cultural site with rich folk tales, birds and scenery. The traditional folk stories by elders and traditional healers give one a greater insight into the old life and values of the days past. You will also be enlightened on the origins of the name Sezibwa.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mabira Central Forest Reserve, On the Kampala - Jinja Highway, Mabira Uganda
From Sezibwa Falls, you will get back on the Jinja highway until your next stop at Mabira Central Forest Reserve.
The Mabira Forest is a rainforest area covering about 300 square kilometres (120 sq mi) (30,000 hectares (74,000 acres) in Uganda located in Buikwe District between Lugazi and Jinja. It has been protected as Mabira Forest Reserve since 1932. It is home for many endangered species like the primate.
Mabira Forest is the closest and only Rainforest in Central Uganda– only 50 kilometers from Kampala. The magnificent trees, Plants, Flowers, Birds, Butterflies, Monkeys and small mammals make this a place a great get away from Kampala and spend some hours a day.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Jinja, Jinja, Eastern Region
You will reach Jinja on time for your lunch and after drive through Jinja town,learning about Jinja's rich history and its present way of life, you will head for the Boat ride on the Source of the Nile where you will take a relaxing boat ride on the longest river in the world. This boat ride at the now submerged Rippon falls will see the Nile make its exit from Lake Victoria and begin its 4000-mile journey to the Mediterranean sea via South Sudan, Sudan, and Egypt. Your local site guide will tell you the various stories about the source of the Nile - as believed by the local people.After the Boat ride, you will embark on a journey back to Kampala where you will be dropped back at your place of accommodation. This will mark the end of this 1 Day best Jinja Tour.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
- Entebbe Airport, Entebbe Uganda
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.