The Covered Passages of Paris: Small-Group Walking Tour
You may be surprised to read that, nestled amid Paris’ busy boulevards and avenues, hides an entire network of "passages couverts": indoor pedestrian streets that are lined with shops, restaurants, bars and boutiques! Although most of these extensive passages no longer exist, there are still small parts of them that can be found throughout the city, and to this day they welcome shoppers and curious explorers. With the help of a guide you'll navigate these multiple passages like a pro, learning about their origins and their role in the city. Along the way you'll be able to window-shop, and pop into places such as bookstores, chocolateries, wine cellars and antique shops, to discover centuries-old treasures and traditions. A tasting of wine is included on this tour, to make your Parisian experience truly special.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Passage des Panoramas, 11 boulevard Montmartre, 75002 Paris France
With your guide you’ll travel back in time as you discover the history of these street-like shopping hubs, some of which are over two centuries old.
If history's not your thing, don't fret; this tour's also a shopper's paradise! You’ll shop like never before with your guide's help who can assist you in recommending shops for all types of products. The tour includes a stop to taste some French cheeses and wine in one of the passages’ many restaurants. Your guide will navigate you through several different passages, so you can see the unique styles and boutiques of each. Get ready to discover French architecture, history, and shopping that you never knew existed!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :8 Rue de l'Amiral de Coligny, 75001 Paris, France
Departure Time :2:30 PM
Return Detail :Grands Boulevards, 75002 Paris, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.