The Essence of Luang Prabang
Today, Luang Prabang is home to large monastic communities and touring the town is almost like touring through an open-air museum. Its temples are known for their beautifully adorned gold walls and doors guaranteeing plenty of picture perfect moments.
• A marvellous introduction to UNESCO protected Luang Prabang
• Choose between a morning or afternoon exploration
• Enter the realms of the revered Wat Xieng Thong
• Get a bird’s eye view of Luang Prabang from Mount Phousi
• Return transfers from and to your hotel are included
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the city center
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- Entry/Admission - Wat Xiengthong
- Entry/Admission - Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham
- Entry/Admission - Mount Phousi
- Entry/Admission - Royal Palace Museum
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Tips and gratuities
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Xiengthong, Khem Khong Old Quarter, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
Your guide and driver for this half day tour will be waiting for you in your hotel lobby. With many temples to choose from in the heart of Luang Prabang, this tour will bring you along some of the most famous and well-known temples and sights that have been the foundation of the popularity that Luang Prabang presents at this stage. Depending on the location of your hotel, we commonly start with the Wat Xieng Thong. The most beautiful details are the walls of the temple, decorated with delicate gold patterns on a maroon background and still are. Within all the temples offered within Luang Prabang, this one is considered to be the most magnificent inside Luang Prabang
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham, Luang Prabang Laos
Continue your trip though Luang Prabang, the Wat Mai (short for Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham) is the largest and most richly decorated of all the temples in Luang Prabang, thus skipping this important temple would not be appropriate.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mount Phousi, Main Street 5 Minutes Walk From The Tourist Information Center, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
For those with the stamina and the will to see the town from the highest point, Mount Phousi is the place to be. Also known as the Sacred Mountain, it is the geographical as well as the spiritual centre. It is topped by a golden stupa (called “That Chomsi”), striking from a distance and is the first sight of Luang Prabang that arriving visitors will gaze upon. From the top, the view is spectacular, which is a steep climb up yet most definitely worth it.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Royal Palace Museum, Haw kham Old Quarter, Luang Prabang 0600 Laos
We end this tour at one of Luang Prabang’s attractions that you can’t miss. The National Museum (former Royal Palace) was built between 1904 and 1909 as a residence of King Sisavangvong. The famed Pha Bang Buddha image is enshrined here besides the collection of personal artifacts of the royal family, including the royal throne of the Lan Xang Kingdom. After touring along Luang Prabang’ s famed sights and temples, we bring you back to your booked hotel / resort in and around Luang Prabang’ s centre.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Luang Prabang hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Minimum of 2 adults is required per booking
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Luang Prabang. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Kuang Si, along the Ou and Nam Khan River, Nong Kiau and Luang Prabang International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Royal temples and palaces uphold a very strict dress code: it is essential that you dress appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Customers wearing shirts with obscene and disrespectful prints and pictures and brightly-coloured clothing may be refused entrance.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.