The Grand Elephant Gathering of Asia: 4 Pax Group-Day Tour from Colombo
The Gathering - Every year, during this period, hundreds of elephants, migrate between the corridors of the Kaudulla national park and the Minneriya national park. During the dry season, July through September the water level in the Minneriya reservoir recedes – giving it a lush green grass field along the tank bed providing a feast for the hungry Gentle Giants. This annual migration process is known as "THE GATHERING" said to be one of Asia's spectacular wildlife event.
here and there Sri Lanka
“Sri Lanka”, “Ceylon”, “Serendib”, “Taprobane” or “Tambapanni”.
Explore the ‘Cultural Triangle’ made up of fascinating heritage sites in Anuradhapura, Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa, take a safari through the thick jungles of a National Park, hop a train that journeys through the rolling central mountains, scuba dive amidst the excellent marine life, spend a couple of days relaxing at the beach and still have time to shop for authentic arts and crafts and sample the lip-smacking local cuisine.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Safari jeep including driver's gratuity
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Activities not included in the itinerary
- Attraction entry fees, govt. taxes and service charges
Travellers, you will rise early to ensure you board the Vehicle on time. You will receive a warmly welcome by myself: the Co-founder/Director of Insight Tours Sri Lanka, and also by one of our friendly chauffeur at the location provided by you. En route, you will stop to breakfast & tea, and later you will continue your journey via "SIGIRIYA" - the ancient rock fortress also referred to as the Eight wonders of the world by the locals. This sightseeing tour around "SIGIRIYA" is part of your activity, subject to time management. You will have the option to stop to lunch or a snack before arriving at the Minneriya National Park main entrance where you will be transferred to a safari jeep to begin your safari tour.
Your safari starts around 3:00 pm. A light picnic snack during the safari provides you with the flexibility to stay 2 - 3 hours until the safari ends, only to leave behind footprints and take home nothing but memories. While we travel back to your drop-off location, you have the option to stop to a light dinner or a snack, travellers requesting a different drop-off location to that of the original will have to bear the additional cost based on the per km rate.
End of tour.
• Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/12/2019 - 10/29/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.