The Great Auckland Craft Beer Hunt
We've been taking people on the Great Auckland Craft Beer Hunt for almost a year now. 4.93 on Airbnb with more than 70 positive reviews! New Zealand craft beer is exploding, it's the nuts. So much choice, so many unique beers to try. If you join us on one of our evenings out we’ll take a gentle stroll to a beautiful bar down by the water which rotates it’s beer taps continuously. We drink new sours, witbiers, ipa’s, apa’s, stouts, lagers, pilsners and heaps of others you’ve never tasted! Then we wander through the city until we get to an historical brewpub which brews on site. Our last location, a lively New Zealand pub is situated in the party district on Auckland's oldest bar street. As well as the beer, there’s great local food, you’ll learn about the city, and meet locals and fellow travelers. You'll either be with Kate or Dale, sometimes on occasion, you’ll get both. Watch out those evenings! We run five nights a week.
per adult from
What's included :
- Alcoholic Beverages - Tasting paddles at three different locations
- Snacks - Auckland's best pub fried chicken or curly fries
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wynyard Quarter, Jellicoe Street, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
If you join us on one of our evenings out we’ll take a gentle stroll, first to a beautiful bar down by the water which rotates it’s beer taps continuously. We drink tasting paddles of only New Zealand brewed and owned beers and ciders. We try new sours, witbiers, ipa’s, apa’s, stouts, lagers, pilsners, goze’s and everything in between. You'll hear about the history of brewing in New Zealand and discover how Kiwi brewers might just be taking over the world. Local beer makers are pushing the boundaries right now in terms of taste, and flavour and they're packing a few surprises as well. We'll wander through the city until we get to a brewpub which brews on site and is using only New Zealand hops, see if you can’t update your taste buds on those!
Then we’ll head to our last location, a lively New Zealand pub which has a pretty experimental range of local craft beer. Here we also eat some tasty local food to soak up all the beer.
As well as the beer, it's just a great experience we have found to help people from overseas connect with some locals and fellow travellers. Plenty of laughter and decent conversation to boot. See ya soon!
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Downtown Ferry Terminal, Quay Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Departure Time :5:30 PM
Return Detail :Auckland, New Zealand
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.