The mining town Pozos
“A magical tour”. Pozos was a very important mining center in Mexico. In The late XIX century, it had over 80,000 inhabitants and was declared “Ciudad Porfirio Diaz”. A pretty wealthy city now is considered a ghost town. Come and let me explain to you why Pozos declined.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Mina de Santa Brigida
- Entry/Admission - Mina Cinco Senores
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mina de Santa Brigida, Mineral de Pozos 37910 Mexico
Originally established as a mission by the Jesuits missionaries, with the purpose to protect the merchants and travelers of the old inland royal road, coming from Mexico City to Santa Fe in New Mexico, years later this place became in the most important mining complex in the all-district of Pozos, from here were extracted gold, silver, copper, zinc and especially the valuable mercury that was ruled by the Spanish government.
Come to walk with us by these vestiges of a former prosperity, explore the abandoned shafts, the subterranean tunnels where the indigenous extract the wealth of the earth, and discover the three towers furnace, built by the Jesuits and nowadays the symbol of Pozos.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mineral de Pozos, Mineral de Pozos, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Come to walk by these cobblestone streets and alleys past time inhabited not only by Mexicans but also by Americans, French, British and Spaniard citizens.
Sit to rest on its peaceful main square surrounded by old, huge and colorful buildings reminders of the former prosperity. Visit the little showroom related with the chichimeca culture, discover its pre-hispanic musical instrument stores.
Here we will have time for lunch at one of the several delicious restaurants, then we will take time for shopping, and walking around for sight-seeing.
On the way to Hacienda de Cinco Señores, we are going to see the formerly prestigious "Escuela Modelo" which was a model of modern and advanced education in the early XX century..
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mina Cinco Senores, Carretera Panoramica km. 3, Mineral de Pozos 37800 Mexico
This is an abandoned full mining complex that includes the hacienda or residence of the owners and managers, mineral storages, metal smelting areas, patios for the selection of minerals, shafts, and mine entrances.
Its name is owed to the five investors who owned this place in the late 1800s.
From here you will have a great view of the mining landscape wit the neighbor mines.
Walking By Cinco Señores` Mine will bewitch you.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick our costumers up 15 minutes before or after the departure time.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.