The Original Day Tour to Paronella Park, Lake Barrine and Millaa Millaa Falls
Our tour was established in 1997 and is the Original Tablelands-Paronella Park tour.
Travel in a comfortable air-conditioned mini coach with local naturalist guides and experience the uniqueness of the tropics and the diversity of our beautiful tropical rainforests. Tour south of Cairns for a full day out traveling through the magnificent World Heritage Wet Tropics Rainforests of Wooroonooran National Park, swimming in waterfalls, traveling through the Atherton Tablelands, viewing Volcano’s and visiting local must see attractions such as Millaa Millaa Falls, Lake Barrine, Curtain Fig Tree, extended touring time at Paronella Park and much more.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry & Guided Walk & Commentary at Paronella Park
- Entry/Admission - Paronella Park
- Entry/Admission - Lake Barrine
- Entry/Admission - Curtain Fig National Park
- Entry/Admission - Millaa Millaa Waterfall
What's excluded :
- Pick Up from Cairns Northern Beaches Hotels - Additional $22 per person (return)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Paronella Park, 1671 Japoonvale Rd, Mena Creek, Queensland 4871 Australia
In the cool of the afternoon we visit amazing Paronella Park’s Spanish style castles in the rainforest. This includes a 45 minute tour expertly conducted by Paronella Park’s own knowledgeable English, Chinese & Japanese speaking guides.
Paronella Park is a multi award winning tourist attraction with National Trust listed Heritage gardens and castle ruins, also boasting North Queensland’s first hydro-electric power plant all built by Jose Paronella at Mena Creek Falls. Originally created in the 1930’s by Jose Paronella, a man with a dream.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lake Barrine, Yungaburra, Queensland Australia
Enjoy a relaxing quiet stop in the cool of the morning at beautiful Lake Barrine filled with pristine rain water and surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest teeming with abundant wildlife. (This is a large Maar Volcano crater – a low subcircular volcanic crater lake derived from the latin “mare” for sea.)
This is the first stop of the day and includes a delicious morning tea (Option A only). Lake Barrine are famous for their award winning ‘Devonshire Morning Tea’ of freshly baked scones and jam/cream and locally brewed tea or coffee.
Participate in the first wildlife cruise of the day and view the undisturbed wildlife in its natural habitat. This cruise is highly recommended as it’s the best place to view the abundant wildlife. On most days the banks of the lake will reveal a variety of birds including pelicans and ducks and other animals such as tortoises, eels, water monitors and various species of snakes including pythons, carpet snakes & red bellied black snakes sunning themselves on the shoreline. (The Cruise is only included in our Option A tour)
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Curtain Fig National Park, Yungaburra, Queensland Australia
After leaving Lake Barrine, we take a short journey through quaint country towns and farming areas to visit an unusual quirk of nature – the 600 year old Curtain Fig Tree nestled in World Heritage Mabi rainforest. This is the worlds most visited tree and easily accessible via elevated boardwalks.
The surrounding rainforest is home to the shy Lumholtz Tree Kangaroo – only found in Queensland. We spot them seasonally high up in the trees.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Millaa Millaa Waterfall, Millaa Falls Road, Millaa Millaa QLD 4886, Australia
After departing the Curtain Fig Tree, we travel through picturesque farming areas and country villages to visit world famous Millaa Millaa Falls, one of the most renowned and photographed waterfalls in Australia surrounded by Mabi rainforest. This waterfall has been used as a feature in both television advertisements and movies.
The waterfall flows over solid volcanic basalt rock formed over many thousands of years ago giving the perfect drop for Millaa Millaa creek to fall for approx 20 metres into a pool surrounded by rainforest.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We Pick Up from all Cairns HotelsReturn Transfers from Northern Beaches additional AUD$22 per person payable in cash to driver on pick up.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.