The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg
The hills are alive with The Original Sound of Music Tour in Salzburg. Enjoy a day trip visiting the breathtaking landscapes and locations where the famous musical, 'The Sound of Music,' was filmed. The English-speaking guide not only shows you the highlights of the film, but also the historical and architectural landmarks in the city, as well as a part of the picturesque lake district.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Leopoldskron
- Entry/Admission - Schloss Hellbrunn
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Mirabell Palace and Gardens, Mirabellplatz 4, Salzburg 5020 Austria
See the beautiful Mirabell Gardens where the song "Do-Re-Mi" was filmed. After or before joining the tour, we recommend seeing the gardens on your own exploring the Pegasus Fountain as well as the Do-Re-Mi steps.
Stop At: Schloss Leopoldskron, Leopoldskronstraße 56-58, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Enjoy the breathtaking view during a photo stop at Lake Leopoldskron mirroring the palace, where the famous boating scene was filmed.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Schloss Hellbrunn, Fuerstenweg 37, Salzburg 5020 Austria
The next photo stop are the gardens of Schloss Hellbrunn, where you will visit the glass gazebo used in the movie for the kissing scene of Maria and Baron von Trapp.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Nonnberg Convent, Nonnberggasse 2, Salzburg 5020 Austria
You'll pass by the Nonnberg Abbey, where Maria was a novice and got married to Baron von Trapp.
Stop At: St Gilgen Mozartplatz, Mozartplatz, St Gilgen Austria
You will now make your way to the lake district passing Lake Fuschl and lake Wolfgang, where panorama shots were filmed. During a brief photo stop, enjoy the view of Lake Wolfgang and down to St. Gilgen.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Basilika St. Michael, Kirchengasse 1, Mondsee 5310 Austria
You'll have approx. 1 hour at leisure in Mondsee, where you have the chance to visit the famous Basilika St. Michael, where the wedding of Maria and Baron von Trapp was filmed.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.