The plague in Vienna - Karlskirche and more ...
We are talking about a globalized world affected by climate change, dominated by trade and profit, where suddenly a serious illness from Asia paralyzed all of Europe.
No, we are not talking about 2020, but about the 14th-century plague epidemic that struck Vienna in 1349. The black plague haunted our city several times in history, leaving memories of death and destruction, but also of duty and hope. Countless works of art, churches and buildings still exist to attest to this. Take part in a tour that leads into the darkest years of Viennese history!
The tour of the beautiful Karlskirche is included in this tour. This was dedicated to Saint Charles, the protector of the plague.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- no further fees
- Entrance ticket to Karlskirche
- Entry/Admission - Karlskirche
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Karlskirche, Kreuzherrengasse 1 Karlsplatz/Belevedere Quarter, Vienna 1040 Austria
The most beautiful baroque church north of the Alps.
An amazing architecture with beautiful paintings
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Plague Column (Pestsaule), Graben 26, Vienna 1010 Austria
The most famous and important symbol of the plague in Vienna. The plague column is both religious and political.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Karlskirche, 1040 Vienna, Austria
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Stephansplatz, 1010 Wien, Austria
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.