The Portland Insider: Alberta Arts District
This hotbed of Portland artists always offers something new to discover. Beautiful murals reveal themselves in this neighborhood's alleyways and behind every corner you'll find experimental spaces where artists of all types are able to share their creations with the world.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- We'll wander through the heart of the Alberta Arts District, a community of homes and businesses that has sprung up around creating, commissioning and displaying art. You'll get to see firsthand incredible works tucked down alleys, in private courtyards and into every corner of the neighborhood.
As we follow the path of the former street car line we'll uncover the works of dozens of arts from all over the world. I'll help you find eye-catching murals on the sides of buildings and show you into the best galleries exhibiting groundbreaking artists. Discover studios and experimental spaces where artists of all styles find inspiration.
Along the way I'll show you the hidden treasures that make this neighborhood so special – the food, the history and the people that have made this area so talked about.
Over two hours we'll walk down to the historic Alberta Rose Theater. Along the way we'll admire exhibits at the Guardino and Alberta Street galleries, uncover murals tucked away in unexpected places and ogle the incredible wares coming out the kitchens of Portland's hottest restaurants like Proud Mary, Bollywood Theater and Salt & Straw. We'll end near where we started at the Alberta Street Studios to see the works of local artists.
Departure Point :Alberta Cooperative Grocery
Return Detail :Tour begins and ends in the same area.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- About 2 miles of walking. Portland weather is unpredictable, rain is always possible and this neighborhood does not provide much cover from the elements. Many businesses only accept cash. Suggested items to bring: comfortable shoes, bottle of water, camera.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.