The Profitis Ilias Hike by Art and Walk
Every week Art and Walk guides you to the Profitis Ilias chapel next to Achata beach. Starting the actual hike from Aperi we set foot onto an old Greek path leading us to the off-road trail into the mountains. Herbs and pine trees cover the sides of the track. Once we have reached the Profitis Ilias chapel you'll enjoy the view for sure!
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Walking stick (on request)
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
We drive up to Aperi to start this hike, close to the exit of Achata beach. After about an hour of walking and ascending the mountain up to the chapel of Protifits Ilias we have a gorgeous view on the East side of the island. We can see Achata beach and her turquoise shades from above, but also Menetes, Pigadia, Othos, Volada and Aperi are visible.
The Profitis Ilias chapel is open for a visit and offers a great set-up for a break in the shade. After a break at the chapel of Profitis Ilias we walk back down to Aperi.
Once leaving the trail we will drive back to Pigadia where you will be again around 12:30am.
This hike is only for experienced walkers/hikers.
After more or less 4 hours we will arrive back to Pigadia.
Height difference: +490 m / 0 m.
Departure Point :Taxi Station, Unnamed Road, Karpathos 857 00, Greece
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.