The Queenstown Story @ Cobh Heritage Centre , Great Stories of Emigration.
With such a rich History, Heritage and a story to tell, a trip to The Queenstown Story @ Cobh Heritage Centre is a must. This beautiful, informative cultural centre is inventively situated within Cobh's restored Victorian Railway station, a building holding its own historic story.
Given that so many from Ireland's past travelled through Cobh(Queenstown), one of the world's finest natural harbours, visitors can learn historic and emotive recounts of The Queenstown Story, where over three million Irish people emigrated from this port town in search of a new life.
Everything from the sinking of the Titanic and The Lusitania, to the transportation of the forgotten Irish who endured forced labour in Cromwellian times to the West Indies and American Colonies as well as the stories of emigration to Canada and North America, is inventively displayed in a variety of modern, tasteful and artistic ways.
Relax, and "Walk in the Footsteps of our Emigrant Ancestors"
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Cobh Heritage Centre The Queenstown Story
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cobh Heritage Centre The Queenstown Story, Deepwater Quay, Cobh P24 CY67 Ireland
Enter this beautifully restored Victorian railway station, a building with its own unique story. Your tour begins in the 1600's when Irish emigrants left here for the Colonies of America and the West Indies. The tour follows chronologically the various destinations throughout the centuries where our emigrants settled. It is an emotive journey of exploration of the lives of over three million Irish emigrants. The tour includes sections on The Great Famine and also the connection with this port town and both Titanic and The Lusitania. "Walk in the footsteps of our Emigrant ancestors"y
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Cobh Heritage Centre- The Queenstown Story, The Queenstown Story @ Cobh Heritage Centre Deepwater Quay Tel 021 4813591 Deepwater Quay, Kilgarvan, Cobh, Co. Cork, P24 CY67, Ireland
Departure Time :12/31/2019 - 12/30/2020
12/31/2020 - 12/30/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.