The Rain Town - Taiping & Orang Utan Island Day Tour from Kuala Lumpur
- See the famous orangutan at Orang Utan Island in Bukit Merah
- Explore the process of making charcoal with a big rounded furnace at Matang Mangrove Forest
- Chance to cruise by the river to see the mangrove, eagle & fish feeding
- Visit an old coffee mill and taste Hainanese coffee after observing how it's traditionally processed
- Be in awe as you discover the natural beauty of Taiping Lake Gardens
- Hassle free return transfer from Kuala Lumpur City Hotel
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking driver
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Orang Utan Island
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orang Utan Island, Jalan Bukit Merah, Semanggol 34400 Malaysia
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Please note: If any of the attractions is closed, we have the right to change the itinerary without notice.
7:00am hotel pick up from your hotel located at Kuala Lumpur City Centre (1km radius from KLCC).
You can also join our tour from Kuala Lumpur meeting point namely Malaysia Tourism Centre (MaTic): 109, Jalan Ampang, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Your private tour of Taiping & Orang Utan Island from Kuala Lumpur kicks off with hotel pick up by your friendly and professional driver. 4 hours drive northbound along the North South Expressway brings you to the sleepy community of Bukit Merah town passing through small palm oil plantations and pineapple fields.
On arrival, board the ferry boat heading to the Orang Utan Island. Step ashore and amaze yourself with the ‘People of the Jungle’ or Orang Utan, an endangered species. Scientifically identified as very smart animals, Orang Utans have one of the longest birth intervals, on an average, once in every 8 years. Enjoy the hour & half at this dedicated rehabilitation sanctuary. Capture lots of photos for your remembrance.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island Foundation, Jalan Bukit Merah Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, Semanggol 34400 Malaysia
Bukit Merah Orang Utan Island Foundation, Semanggol, Malaysia
Stop At: Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve, Matang Road Pejabat Hutan Kecil, Kuala Sepetang 34650 Malaysia
Twenty minutes away from Taiping is Kuala Sepetang or Matang Mangrove Forest Reserve, a quaint fishing village on the coast that has seen better days. However, it is gaining recognition from urbanites seeking an escape from the city life and an increase in ecotourism activities.
Traveler will able to cruise by the river to see the mangrove, eagle feeding, fish feeding & visit charcoal factory. Plus this place is heaven for seafood lover who really enjoy seafood (all activities here is at your own cost)
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Taiping Lake Gardens, Jalan Taman Tasik, Taiping 34000 Malaysia
The Taiping Lake Gardens is the first public garden established during the British rule in Malaysia. The garden is located near Bukit Larut, and is equidistant to the town centre and the Taiping Zoo.
It is a vast evergreen park designed around former tin mining ponds and surrounded by gorgeous rain trees as old as the park itself.
The Lake Gardens is one big community centre where all walks of life would congregate every evening, especially on weekends. Join in the fun by renting a paddleboat (at your own cost) and row around the lake before going on a long breezy stroll.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Taiping War Cemetery, Taiping Lake Garden, Taiping 34000 Malaysia
The Taiping War Cemetery is the final resting place for Allied personnel who were killed during World War II, particularly the Malayan Campaign and the Japanese occupation of Malaya. Servicemen who died after the war or during their posting in northern Malaya prior to the Malayan Emergency are also interred here.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Aun Tong Coffee Mill, 8A Jalan Syed Burhan Taiping Perak, Taiping 34000 Malaysia
Aun Tong Coffee Mill was founded in 1933 in Taiping, Perak. Its founder, Mr. Tiah Ee Mooi has made his coffee a popular drink among the locals, with his signatured product “Antong” remains a favorite brew among coffee lovers, both local and abroad.
After half a century, Antong Sdn Bhd has grown from strength to strength developing into a modern coffee roaster. Researching the best business practice, Antong is capable of producing 10 tons of roasted coffee beans per day.
Today, after 80 years in the coffee trade, Antong has perfected the art of coffee roasting to accommodate customers’ expectations and satisfy multiple demands.
At the end of the tour, we transfer you back to Kuala Lumpur City Hotel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2: MATIC, 109, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Traveler pickup is offered
Free hotel pick up & drop off from your hotel located at Kuala Lumpur City Centre (1km radius from KLCC).You can also join our tour from Kuala Lumpur meeting point namely Malaysia Tourism Centre (MaTic): 109, Jalan Ampang, 55000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 1km radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.