The Real Ho Chi Minh City - Phu My Shore Excursions
Taste the real Ho Chi Minh City by this Phu My shore excursion. Visit the sacred Heavenly Lady Pagoda, sample the traditional food, stroll along Ben Thanh Market, enjoy special Vietnamese coffee at oldest coffee shop in the alley, and make your camera ready by driving through various photo spots around the city.
⭐Pick-up & Drop off From Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My Port;
⭐Visit All HCMC’s Best Bits, Including Notre-Dame Cathedral & General Post Office, Thien Hau Pagoda, War Remnants Museum, Ben Thanh Market, photo stops around the city;
⭐Enjoy lunch with Vietnamese traditional food as Vietnamese pancake & rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – specialty food of the city;
⭐Visit an over 80-year-old cafe hidden in an alley & interact with the nice host & learn how to brew the unique Vot coffee.
*****This private tour's approximately 8 hours or longer depending on your time constraints.
We always make sure that you return on-time to board the cruise ship.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Round trip on private air-conditioner vehicle from the ports to Ho Chi Minh City
- English-speaking local guide
- All entrance fees
- Lunch as indicated in the itinerary
- Please note we can cater for any dietary requirements, just be sure to get in touch beforehand
- Special Vietnamese coffee & Unlimited Bottles of Water
- Entry/Admission - War Remnants Museum
What's excluded :
- Other personal expenses
- Tips & Other drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province, Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh! Our team will be waiting with name signs, big smiles at your port to take you to your cool air-conditioned transport.
Stop At: Ba Thien Hau Temple, 710 Nguyen Trai Cho Lon, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
Visit the first place, Heavenly Lady Pagoda located in the bustle and hustle Chinatown. Also known as Thien Hau Pagoda, it is dedicated to the Chinese sea goddess Mazu with many traditional unique practices revealed in the Chinese-style architecture.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, 01 Cong xa Paris Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Then, we will stop at Cheo Leo cafe – an 80-year coffee shop hidden in an alley and famous for its distinct “Vot” coffee. There you sit around a table, take a rest, enjoy the drink, eat Vietnamese bread and chat leisurely with the guide as a friend like locals. You also learn how to make a cup of “Vot” coffee and interact with the nice owner of the coffee shop.
After relaxing at coffee shop, we will head to tourist attractions in District 1 including Saigon Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office where you admire the beauty of old French architectural works, learn more about history and culture, take the most beautiful photos in the city. A lovely book street next to the post office is worth wandering.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: War Remnants Museum, 28 Vo Van Tan Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Then, we´ll go for a tasty Vietnamese lunch. The guide shows you how the cook makes thin, large, and crispy pancakes skillfully, how to wrap the cake in vegetables and eat. There we also enjoy Rice noodles with grilled pork/fried roll – a specialty food of the city.
After that, move to the War Remnants Museum to take a closer look at the Vietnam War in the past. This attraction is not recommended for squeamish people. The museum is covered with a gloomy silence through exhibiting plenty of artifacts, old weapons, letters, documentaries, and so on. Learn how brave Vietnam soldiers fought against strong enemies.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Ben Thanh Market, Le Loi, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 700000 Vietnam
Then, you head to Ben Thanh Market, the biggest market in this city. Feel the vibrant atmosphere shown in selling and buying products by local people. Millions of goods are sold that you can find everything in this market, especially some specialties of Southern Vietnam.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: People's Committee Building, 86 Le Thanh Ton Street, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000 Vietnam
Continue on to a lacquerware workshop where you admire and experience the handmade local pieces of art. All kinds of different art style such as pottery, paintings, decoration, accessories, etc. can be found here. Get a glimpse of how local artisans transform these raw materials into poetry masterpieces. You can support them by purchasing some products at a reasonable price.
On the drive around the city, if time permits, you will be transferred to various photo stops in the city including Independence Palace, , Opera house, Le Loi Avenue, Westmoreland former residence, Cabot Lodge.
Trip ends when the driver drops you at the port for the next departure.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point: Nha Rong, Hiep Phuoc, Phu Huu, Phu My port or Vung Tau PortPorts
- Phu My Port, Đường số 3, TT. Phú Mỹ, Tân Thành, Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu, Vietnam
- Ho Chi Minh Museum, Số 01 Nguyễn Tất Thành, Phường 12, Quận 4, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Opt to purchase port permit service: For a fee of 25USD/person, our guide and transport can go inside the port, right to your cruise ship for pick-up and drop off. This requires passport details such as full name, passport number, DOB, expiry date and nationality. We recommend this service for safety and comfort during the hot or rainy days, as well a reliable transport service.
- Opt not to purchase port service fee: Please walk out of the port for 7 minutes – 15 minutes or take a shuttle bus inside port gate where our guide and driver will welcome you with a sign and a smile. This does not include a fee.
- Tour customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements when you book the tour)
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.