The secrets of Medina
Our traveller will go in a local public bakery, where still the moroccan people living in the medina brings bread, biscuits, tanjia to cook.
After they will visit the artisans' souks, out from the tourist track and where they can take pictures, touch with hand and see with their own eyes the meticulous and hard work behind the merchandise solded in stores of the medina.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - the moroccan snack is included: olives, moroccan olive oil, harissa, khlea with eggs, mint tea.
What's excluded :
- Soda/Pop - are available on request and they have to be paied extra
- I will meet our curious travelers at MONRIAD. They will meet me, Abbes (the official tour guide) and Aicha (our chef) and they will be greeted with a tasty and aromatic Moroccan mint tea.
After that together with Aicha they will start to prepare the bread, following the moroccan tradition. Once the preparation is finished they will bring with Abbes the bread to the public backery of popular neighborhood. Meanwhile we wait for the bread to be cooked, they will go round the hidden corners with Abbes to discover the secrets of the Medina. They will discover the places where the artisans who work the chalk by hand, where they works iron and where they carefully prepare and stitch the traditional moroccan slippers. Traditions handed from generation to generation.
At the end of the tour they will pick up the bread and back to the riad, on the roof top terrace they will have a moroccan food "brunch"
• Medina of Marrakesh, Derb Fhal Zefriti n06 Derb Fhal Zefriti, Marrakech 40000 Morocco
• Moroccan snack - Home made bread, olives, moroccan olive oil, harissa, khlea, eggs mint tea
Departure Point :Rue Riad Zitoun el Jdid, Marrakesh 40000, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- You have to walk around the medina, we are a traditional riad not an hotel. You can meet guests of the riad
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.