The South of Austria - Private Salzburg Sightseeing Tour
Spend a day in Carinthia, the South of Austria with Lake Millstatt and make a trip back to the middle ages with a visit of the 13th century Mauterndorf Castle. A day filled with beautiful landscape, a visit of a medieval Castle, lake Millstatt and the Monastery of Millstatt with its town. A tour away from the typical Salzburg tourist attractions, a true hidden gem of Austria.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Entrance to Mauterndorf Castle
- Food and Drinks (lunch)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Erlebnisburg Hohenwerfen, Burgstrasse 2, Werfen 5450 Austria
Meet your professional local guide and driver at your Salzburg hotel and hop on board of your luxury minivan. Afterward, your journey will take you along the Salzach river valley to the village Werfen. Capture a stunning photo of the medieval Castle of Werfen, used in the “Where Eagle’s Dare” movie with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood. Castle of Werfen is one of the most magnificent mountain fortifications in the Alps.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Werfen, Werfen, Austrian Alps
Werfen was also used in the world-famous movie Sound of Music. Relive back to your Sound of Music fantasies and experience the Sound of Music location where Maria and the children started singing Do-Re-Mi (picnic meadow).
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Millstatt, Millstatt, Carinthia, Austrian Alps
Next is Lake Millstatt with the Monastery. Enjoy your time right at the lake and town of Millstatt where you will have time to have some lunch (own expense). The Lake Millstatt is known by locals for taking a swim or just simply enjoy a day at the lake, you will have plenty for a great time at the lake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Burg Mauterndorf, Markt 27, Mauterndorf 5570 Austria
Next highlight of this 8-hour private tour is the visit of the medieval castle of Mauterndorf. Mauterndorf is another hidden gem of Austria. After 1 hour to explore Mauterndorf Castle your journey goes via the Tauern pass, which is a real scenic route, back to Salzburg. The tour concludes are your hotel in Salzburg.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We'll pick you up from any hotel or address in the city of Salzburg, if your hotel is not in the list just simply mention it and we'll pick you up from there.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.