The Treasures of Luxor's West Bank Day Trip
Travel back to the past and discover the eternal capital of ancient Egypt during the New Kingdom, approximately 1550 - 1050 B.C.. Known as the home of the god Amun, associated with Egyptian royalty, it was the draw for many pharaohs to choose this site for their eternal resting place. Thus, the Valley Of The Kings was borne. In this adventure, you will see the remarkable sites on the West Bank of the Nile River including the Valley of the Kings, the female pharaoh Hatshepsut's Funerary Temple and the Colossi of Memnon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Valley of the Kings
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari
- Entry/Admission - Colossi of Memnon
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valley of the Kings, Luxor City, Luxor 85511 Egypt
Our guide will pick you up from your Luxor hotel wherein you will travel, like royalty before you to the West Bank of the Nile.
Walk where the kings and queens before you did, in the Valley of the Kings. This area, besides being home to their god Amum, was mostly inaccessible by tomb robbers and far easier to protect and so was the choice spot for royalty to be entombed. The royal necropolis has 62 royal tombs cut into the limestone following a similar pattern of three corridors, an antechamber, and a sunken sarcophagus chamber. It has many richly decorated tombs showing the afterlife scenes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el Bahari, Kings Valley Rd Deir el-Bahari, Luxor 23512 Egypt
Your adventure continues as we move to discover the mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the female pharaoh, with its unique design in three terraces merging with the sheer limestone cliffs of the mountain as if nature herself had built it. It's walls are richly decorated with scenes depicting the commercial expedition to Punt, the Queen's divine birth and transportation of her two obelisks from the Aswan granite quarry to the Karnak Temple.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Colossi of Memnon, Thebes, Luxor Egypt
After your time with the Queen, we will move to experience the Colossi of Memnon; a massive pair of statues of Amenhotep III which alone have survived from his funerary temple that disappeared due to flooding. All traces of it sadly have washed away because it sat on the floodplain of the Nile so the annual inundation water eroded it away over the centuries. The Colossi of Memmon are all that are left to tantalize our imagination of the splendor and magnitude his funerary temple must have been.
From here, we will safely take you back to your area hotel where you can reflect on your trip through time with the royals.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from all area Luxor hotels.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.