The Wow Factor Walk in Tenerife
It is called the Wow Factor Walk because there is a viewing point of Mount Teide that really has “the wow factor”.
per adult from
What's included :
- Pick up/drop off service
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vilaflor, Tenerife Spain
• Get impressed with the views to Teide and the whole island.
• A professional guide will accompany you at all times.
• Get the satisfaction of doing sport as you admire the amazing landscapes along the tour.
This is a fabulous moderate to hard hike mostly above 2,000m altitude and includes some sections of steep terrain but achievable for anyone with a moderate level of fitness. The path starts in the Canarian Pine forest above Vilaflor where here it is possible to spot the endemic Blue Chaffinches and Great Spotted Woodpeckers. Shortly after this, our trail enters the Teide National Park and quickly climbs to reach the Caldera Rim at an altitude of circa 2550m. Here we see probably the most beautiful and dramatic mountain view on all of Tenerife, hence the “wow”. At this point we stop for a short lunch break to take in this outstanding marvel. After lunch and many photos we then descend through scrubland where Teide Broom and White Retamar abound which gives off a really pungent perfume when in bloom in late Spring. Our journey continues on a jaw-dropping mountain trail through very pleasant scenery and with a vivid imagination could be in any mountain range in the world. This particular stretch of the trail lasts for a good 1 ½ hours and is a fairly easy gradual descent back to our starting point. All in all, this is probably one of the most satisfying hikes in the Canary Islands.
Distance: about 12km
Gradient: approx. 500m
Maximum altitude: 2550m
Difficulty: moderate to hard
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Teide National Park, 38300, Tenerife Spain
Teide National Park
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
A free pick-up service is available for customers staying in the areas of Los Cristianos and Playa de las Américas. You will be picked-up and taken to the hiking starting point. Once the route finishes, you will be dropped off back to your hotel (or meeting point agreed).
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour has a distance of about 12km, 500m gradient and the maximum altitude that you reach is 2.550m
- The difficulty of the tour is moderate-high
- A minimum of 2 people is required for this hiking to take place
- It is recommended to wear hiking clothes and shoes
- It is also recommended to bring water and an energy bar
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.