Tiwi By Design Day Tour
Visit a traditional Aboriginal community on the Tiwi Islands, off the coast of Darwin. Accompanied by a local Tiwi guide, you'll learn about local history and Tiwi rituals by visiting all the places of interest. Share a traditional morning tea with Tiwi Islanders before taking an art workshop taught by Aboriginal artists. Tourism is limited on the island, making this a rare chance to visit this Aboriginal community that holds on tightly to its traditions.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- WiFi on board
- Restroom on board
- Entry/Admission - SeaLink Northern Territory
- Entry/Admission - Tiwi Design
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: SeaLink Northern Territory, 5/57 Marina Blvd Cullen Bay, Darwin, Northern Territory 0820 Australia
Servicing the Top end since 2013, SeaLink Northern Territory provides a safe, comfortable and reliable ferry service with state-of-the-art high-speed catamarans and friendly qualified crew.
Built especially for remote locations, the SeaLink NT ferries are capable of beach landings, carrying large numbers of passengers in comfort, and are all equipped with kiosks, men, women and disabled toilets, air-conditioned cabins, and spacious outdoor decking.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Tiwi Design, Puantulura Street, 0822 Australia
After a rest and lunch in the shade, it’s time to re-visit Tiwi Design and participate in an exclusive ‘behind-the-scenes’ screen printing workshop. Choose from contemporary or traditional Tiwi design to print onto a take-home t-shirt, tea towel or fabric – a wonderful souvenir of your Tiwi visit.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Cullen Bay Terminal, Larrakeyah NT 0820, Australia
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This is a walking tour, an easy stroll over short distances between the ferry landing, art centre, museum and mission precinct.
- Most travelers can participate
- Covid Procedures: We have always had stringent and rigorous hygiene standards, cleaning procedures and health and safety practices. During this time, we have stepped our practices and procedures up even further. Where possible we have made additional hand sanitisers and cleaning stations available to our customers and employees to exercise good hand/hygiene practices. We have also placed hygiene communications in our vessels, vehicles, accommodation, food venues, shop fronts/counters/terminals from the relevant health authorities.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.