Tjapukai & Beach Combo from Cairns
Spend the morning exploring the rich history of Australian Indigenous culture, and the afternoon chill out at the beach.
At Tjapukai, you will have the opportunity to join the Tjapukai dancers in a corroboree ceremony and participate in a fire making ceremony. If you often wonder how to throw spears or boomerangs, you can learn first-hand from the experts. You can also gain an insight into the gathering and cooking of bush foods. The Torres Strait Islanders will also share their vibrant and colorful culture with their dance performance.
In the afternoon chill out at the beach and enjoy a tropical paradise in Palm Cove, which offers a wide range of facilities including a swimming enclosure, picnic/BBQ areas, a seafront jetty, fine dining restaurants, cafès, spa/massage services, and water sports.
Suggestions of things to do in Palm Cove include:
- Walk for miles along the beautiful white sandy beach
-Take a refreshing swim in the patrolled swimming enclosure
- Check out the locals fishing along the seafront jetty, and enjoy the fantastic views
- Have coffee or a leisurely lunch at one of the many restaurants and cafe's along the waterfront esplanade (at own expense)
- Enjoy cool sun-downers at one of several fully licensed bars (at own expense)
- Hire a kayak or jet ski - paddle out and around Double Island and "Scouts Hat" Islands located just offshore (at own expense)
- Return Transfers
- Entry Ticket
- Day 1 : Tjapukai Indigenous Culture & Beach Combo09:00:am - Arrive at Tjapukai Welcome Face Painting and other activities 12:45 pm - Depart Tjapukai 01:00 pm - Arrive at Palm Cove Free time at the Beach 05:00 pm - Departure from Palm CoveMeals :None
Pick-up from Cairns at 8:30am
Pick-up from Tjapukai at 12:45pm
Depart from Palm Cove at 5 pm