Tokyo West-Side Classic Road Bike Tour
Cycle the backstreets of West Tokyo on an exquisitely handcrafted Japanese classic road bike. Pedal the urban sprawl, tranquil residential pockets and picturesque riverside bike paths away from the tourist hotspots. No sightseeing stops on this 20 km+ Tokyo bike tour, you'll be experiencing the entire ‘show’ from the comfort of your saddle.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Use of bicycle
- Bottled water - Your choice of bottled drink from a neighbourhood vending machine.
- Cycling liability insurance.
- English speaking guide.
What's excluded :
Adjust your seat post and get set for a whirlwind cycling tour through the local neighbourhoods of Tokyo on a classic 'steel' road bike, handcrafted by a Japanese master frame-builder.
Sought by collectors and bicycle connoisseurs throughout the globe, nothing compares to gracing the streets on the saddle of a vintage chromoly bike that's been meticulously crafted with Japanese precision and beauty.
Cycle in style on a rotating lineup of classic road and track bike frames from the revered Japanese bicycle workshops of Zunow, 3Rensho, Nagasawa, Toei, Ganwell, Kalavinka, Nakagawa, Cherubim and company.
Backstreets, sidewalks and riverside cycling trails; this 20 km+ Tokyo vintage bike tour will provide it all as we ride the eclectic Tokyo wards of Nakano, Suginami, Musashino, and Mitaka on the inner west side of this bustling city.
• Suginami, Suginami, Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture, Kanto
• Musashino, Musashino, Tokyo Prefecture, Kanto
• Mitaka, Mitaka, Tokyo Prefecture, Kanto
• Nakano, Nakano, Tokyo, Tokyo Prefecture, Kanto
Departure Point :Kōenji Station, 4 Chome-48 Koenjiminami, Suginami City, Tokyo 166-0003, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This Tokyo bike tour has been tailored as an unadulterated ride through the backstreets of West Tokyo. Formulaic sightseeing stops are NOT on the itinerary.
- You should be competent on a performance road bike, equipped with drop handlebars and downtube shifters, in often tight, crowded and challenging conditions.
- You should be able to comfortably cycle 20 km+ / 13 mi+ at a safe but moderate pace on crowded sidewalks, roads, uneven surfaces and through often testing conditions.
- Basic cruiser style bicycles, that seat riders in a more ergonomic position, are available for those not comfortable or competent on a road bike. We ride to the ability of the weakest participant.
- Please appreciate that you’ve chosen an outdoor activity that may be impacted by the weather. In the event of rain or wet and slippery conditions, the experience may be cancelled.
- By attending this Tokyo cycling tour you acknowledge the adventurous nature of the ride and that participation can involve a degree of personal risk. Cycling liability insurance is included for the cycling portion of our experience but you are expected to possess comprehensive travel insurance to protect yourself from unforeseen incidents.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- DIG Tokyo Tours is taking all necessary precautions to keep its guests and local community members fit and healthy during this period. For any concerns regarding tour itineraries or specific health and safety measures feel free to get in touch. I hope to see you over this side of Tokyo soon, Andy!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.