Toniná Archaeological Zone, Agua Azul Waterfalls and Misol Ha, Palenque exit
Toniná Archaeological Zone, Agua Azul Waterfalls and Misol Waterfalls Departing from Palenque.
Departure at 5:00 A.M. at the reception of your hotel, the first stop will be in Ocosingo Chiapas, to taste a rich breakfast (not included). Then we will move to the Z.A. Toniná where we will have the opportunity to know one of the important archaeological sites of Chiapas for its structure and its height that differentiates it from the other Mayan cultures of Chiapas, having 2 h. Then we continue the trip visiting the Agua Azul Waterfalls, which has impressive turquoise blue waterfalls that form this wonderful natural resource, a 2-hour tour will be made. Finally, we will end the tour visiting the Misol-Há Waterfalls, which has an impressive waterfall that reaches 50 m. high, a perfect destination to cool off with 50 minutes. Finally, you will be transferred to the city of Palenque at approximately 7:00 p.m.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Ticket payment
- Trained Operator
- Entry/Admission - Tonina
- Entry/Admission - Cascadas de Agua Azul
- Entry/Admission - Misol-ha
What's excluded :
- Guide in the archaeological site
- Meals or drinks
- Extra expense
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tonina, Ocosingo Mexico
We will have the opportunity to know one of the important archeological sites of Chiapas for its structure and its height that differentiates it from the other Mayan cultures of Chiapas.
Pre-Hispanic city whose meaning in Tzeltal is "Casa Grande de Piedra". It is a sacred Space constituted by an artificial mountain of seven platforms, raised on a calcareous hill that dominates an extensive and long valley. Toniná lived its heyday between the end of the 6th century and the beginning of the 10th century A.D., and it was a military power as evidenced by the abundant representations of prisoners in stucco and stone. Its most important ruler was Tzots Choj, "Bat-tiger." In Toniná the last inscription of the Maya of the classical epoch was written in 909.
The site is accessed by the prison ball court, one of the largest of its time, located on the great platform, where the Altar of Sacrifices also stands and the court of the Katunes ball game is opened , next to which there are several sculptural samples ...
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascadas de Agua Azul, Reserva Especial de la Biosfera Cascadas Agua Azul, Palenque 29920 Mexico
The Agua Azul Waterfalls that has impressive turquoise blue waterfalls that form this wonderful natural resource. Its waterfalls are formed thanks to the tributaries of the Otulún, Shumuljá and Tulijá river, forming not very deep canyons with vertical cliffs that give rise to its blue and white waterfalls. The waters have that beautiful blue color because of the carbonate salts that are dissolved. The vegetation is lush mountain jungle, in some parts it covers the river, it is common to see trunks of fallen petrified trees.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Misol-ha, Nichtyeja A.C., 29960 Palenque, Chis., Mexico
The Misol-Há Waterfall that has an impressive waterfall that reaches 50 m. high, a perfect destination to cool off and famous for the harmony that combines the elements of water and jungle. That when falling, forms a large pool in which it is possible, with caution, to practice swimming.
For the tour, we recommend wearing sandals, insect repellent, sunscreen, clothing suitable for heat and respect signs and indications in specific areas.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up all trips in the city of Palenque, Chiapas, Mexico. (Hotel or residence)
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.