Toori Cooking Class
Every Saturday and Sunday, limited to 10 people per day,
Experience cooking with a grandmother who lives in the local area and is a local culinary master of the snowy country.
You can feel the countryside and warmth of the snowy country while teaching the excellent local cuisine using salted wild vegetables and the tips for deliciously cooking seasonal ingredients. If you are interested in the food and culture of the area, please come!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experience fee / meal fee
What's excluded :
- Transportation expenses to the site
- Uonuma's famous Koshihikari rice,
Ryugon is located in a rural landscape surrounded by the mountains of Minami Uonuma City, Niigata Prefecture.
At ryugon, we offer a hands-on lunch for 10 people every Saturday and Sunday only for one day.
While having lunch in the dirt floor space past the Nagaya Gate
How about a cooking experience with a grandmother who lives in the local area and is a local culinary master of the snow country?
Exquisite local cuisine using salted wild vegetables,
While teaching you how to cook seasonal ingredients deliciously,
You can feel the countryside and warmth of the snow country.
If you are interested in the food and culture of the area, please come.
Even one person can feel free to participate.
Period: All year
Location: Ryugon's dirt floor workshop space
*Customers coming by train from "HATAGO Isen" in front of Echigo Yuzawa Station
There is a shuttle bus departing from 11:00, so please make a reservation there.
(Reservation required until 18:00 the day before)
*Cooking gloves will be provided. Please come dressed as good as it gets dirty.
*Infants who wish to eat will be charged the adult price (3,850 yen).
• local cuisine
Departure Point :ｒｙｕｇｏｎ, Japan, 〒949-6611 Niigata, Minamiuonuma, Sakado, 1−６
Traveler pickup is offered
Shuttle bus operating hours * Please make a reservation in advance when using.From Echigo Yuzawa (HATAGO Isenmae) → ryugon line 11:00 / 15:15 / 17:15From ryugon → bound for Echigo Yuzawa (HATAGO Isenmae) 10:30 / 12:00 / 15:45
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.