Top 10 people in British History
• Discover which monarch had black teeth
• Who employed hawks?
• See who made Big Ben an iconic symbol of London
• Explore the greatest love story on Earth
• Hear how Henry VIII killed his wives and courtiers
The origins of kingship can be traced to the second century BC. But who were the most influential monarchs? Who brought arts, culture and enlightment to Britain? Who sacrificed their lives for the sake of the crown, for the glorious ideas, for love, for education? On our tour we are going to see portraits of the most significant people who shaped British history.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3BD England
After you have enjoyed the view on the Parliament, meet your Guide in front of the Churchill Statue and hear stories about his fascinating life.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: 10 Downing St, Westminster, London SW1A 2AB, UK
Continue along the adorable Whitehall where you will see where the first Prime Minister, Robert Walpole, lived. Ask your Guide why calling someone Prime Minister was rude in the 18th Century.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: National Portrait Gallery, Charing Cross Road 2 St. Martin's Place, London WC2H 0HE England
Afterwards, the Tour Guide will take you to the National Portrait Gallery, where you will discover outstanding British masterpieces. As you walk along with the Tudor room, your Guide will share stories about notorious king Henry VIII and his daughter Elizabeth I, who was known as the Virgin Queen. Can you imagine that it took her a few hours every morning to get dressed! Continue your way to other galleries and discover why Oliver Cromwell banned Christmas and beheaded Charles I, how Monarchy was restored and why Prince Albert employed hawks on the Great Exhibition in 1854!
You will finish your tour in the gallery where you can have a wonderful lunch in the gallery café or explore souvenir bookshop.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Sir Winston Churchill Statue, Parliament Square, Westminster, London SW1P 3JX, UK
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :National Portrait Gallery, St. Martin's Pl, Charing Cross, London WC2H 0HE, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.