Toronto Food Tour: Taste the World in Kensington Market
COVID-19 UPDATE: Our tours are open again! For your safety, we are capping our tours at a maximum of 5 participants!
My team and I have been hosting food tours for 10 years and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the neighbourhood is the worst we've seen. But Kensington Market, like it's immigrant heritage, is full of survivors. Let's support them together! We may not be able to travel internationally, but still we'll travel:
1. Around the world, locally - we'll sample a variety of cuisine from various cultures in the multi-cultural enclave of Kensington Market, including a stop in Chinatown.
2. Through time - we'll trace the history of the market weaved through the stories of the stores we visit.
3. Through perspectives - we've got the insider's edge, from special foods made just for our group, to secret photo spots in the market.
Plus, taste the famous Toronto Truffle (Toffle™), an exclusive dessert invented by us.
IMPORTANT! Please send a message if you have any questions!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- All tastings
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kensington Market, Toronto, Ontario Canada
This is the food tour for all you culinary adventurers! Take a trip around the world in one lunch as we sample a variety of cuisine from various cultures in the multi-cultural enclave of Kensington Market, including a stop in Chinatown.
Meet your guide and tour group at Kensington Market in downtown Toronto. Then, follow your guide on an easy 2.5-hour stroll through the area, a distinctive multicultural neighborhood in Downtown Toronto. One of the city’s oldest and well-known neighborhoods, this unique area is a National Historic Site of Canada.
Visit a diverse mix stores, bakeries and vendors including Chinese and Latin American kitchens. All tasting fees are included.
In between stops, your guide will teach you about the history and culture of food in Toronto.
At the end of the tour, leave with a Toffle™ aka Toronto Truffle, a popular new dessert invented by Tasty Tours. You can only get this on a Tasty Tour!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Moonbean Coffee Company, 30 St Andrew St, Toronto, ON M5T 1K6, Canada
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :250 Augusta Ave, Toronto, ON M5T 2L7, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 14 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Important! Please include any dietary restrictions in 'special requirements' box at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Face masks are mandatory - we encourage you to bring your own, otherwise a disposable mask is available for purchase for $1 at the start of the tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Tasty Tours Toronto