Tortuguero National Park One Day Trip
“Tortuguero” is considered one of the most important western Caribbean for the green turtle ( Chelonia Mydas) as well as the Carey, who come to lay their eggs on the sandy beaches every year. Tortuguero National Park in Costa Rica is located along the northern stretch of our Caribbean coast. It is one of the areas most exotic and rich in biodiversity in the country.
It is known as “Tico Amazon” (Costa Rican Amazon) due to the fact that in Tortuguero there are no roads; the principle means of transportation being the dozens of fresh water canals throughout the park. To arrive at any of the few hotels in the area requires a motorboat ride of approximately 70 km through rivers and canals. It’s a spectacular adventure not to be missed. In the park scientists have identified missed distinct habitats making it likely to observe abundant wildlife including, several species of monkeys, sloths, crocodiles, iguanas, parrots, macaws, toucans and much more.
per adult from
10 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tortuguero National Park, Tortuguero Costa Rica
One of the finest and richest ecosystems in Costa Rica, a jewel of nature. The Costa Rican Amazon.
The Amazon of Costa Rica. There are no roads. Highways are rivers and freshwater canals. The beauty of the rainforest at its best. Dozens of species of animals such as monkeys, crocodiles, iguanas, lizards, insects and butterflies, toucans, turtles. And a lot of nature, spectacular forests await you in Tortuguero.
Situated on the Northern Caribbean side of Costa Rica, in the province of Limon, it is approximately 90 miles northeast of the capital city of San José. Accessible only by air or water, Tortuguero is the most important nesting site in the entire western half of the Caribbean for the green turtle (from july to october).
Departure Point :Holiday Inn San Jose-Aurola, 5th Avenue 5th Street, El Carmen, San José, 10101, Costa Rica
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for children under 4 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Tour will have a maximum capacity of 50% of visitors. Our shuttle will pick you up at your hotel
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 4 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 3 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.