Tour and tasting of extra virgin olive oil in masseria
Come and visit us in our eighteenth-century Masseria, we will take you to discover the centuries-old olive trees, the stages of production of extra virgin olive oil and the ancient underground oil mill. We will discover together the history of the territory, the peasant past of our Puglia and we will immerse ourselves in an expanse of secular plants with a unique beauty.
We will create a guided tasting tour of extra virgin olive oil and learn to recognize the aromas and flavors of a quality extra virgin olive oil. We will thus be able to choose a good product, to keep it carefully and to enhance it in the kitchen.
per adult from
90 to 120 minutes
What's included :
- Tasting with extra virgin olive oil and baked goods.
- Tribute at the end of the visit
- Entry/Admission - Extravergine Savoia - Azienda Agricola Savoia
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Extravergine Savoia - Azienda Agricola Savoia, Via Case Sparse, 5, 72015 Fasano BR, Italy
What we will discover during the visit:
- The territory: where we are, among ancient blades and majestic ancient olive trees.
- How extra virgin olive oil is produced: comparison between the techniques of the present and the oil tradition of the past.
- The tasting of extra virgin olive oil: professional tasting techniques.
- How to store extra virgin olive oil (storage room).
- The modern oil mill and the jewel of our tradition: the hypogeum.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Extravergine Savoia - Azienda Agricola Savoia, Via Case Sparse, 5, 72015 Fasano BR, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 4/4/2020 - 10/5/2021
Monday - Saturday: 10:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to the steps leading to the underground oil mill, the tour is not accessible for wheelchair users in some parts of the route.
- Most travelers can participate
- Communicate any celiac disease when booking, in the "special requests" section.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.