Tour of the French Quarter of New Orleans
We invite you to spend some time in the oldest neighborhood of New Orleans. While walking the streets of Old Square, you will learn the stories of the famous free colored people of Louisiana. At a time when most Africans in the New World were relegated to slavery, there were thousands of free people of color in Louisiana who owned homes and ran their own businesses, able to chart their own paths in life. Learn the history of the most famous district of one of the most historic cities in the United States.
Louisiana is part of the southern United States, but culturally it is the northernmost region of the Caribbean. This tour is an exploration of Louisiana Creole, an exploration of culture that gave birth to jazz and zydeco, okra and jambalaya.
(This tour also includes a visit to St. Louis Cemetery # 1 and a visit to a courtyard of a 19th century house.)
per adult from
What's included :
- The entrance fee for the Saint-Louis Cemetery nº1
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
You will learn the history of Place Jackson, center of Old Square.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
You will learn the history of St. Louis Cathedral, the most important church in New Orleans.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
You will learn the history and cultural significance of Congo Square.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
You will explore the oldest cemetery in New Orleans, St. Louis No. 1.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hermann-Grima House, 820 Saint Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112-3416
You will visit the courtyard of the Hermann-Grima House, typical of the nineteenth century.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :2951502 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :Hermann-Grima House, 820 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.