Tour of the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter
On this tour we will visit the Old City, part of the New Town and the ancient Jewish ghetto of Prague. We will start from the Old Town Square, "Staroměstské náměstí", a path that will embrace the entire history of Bohemia. While visiting the main buildings of the historic center, we will talk about Emperor Charles IV, the Defenestrations of Prague, the Holy Roman Empire and religious wars. Finally, we will talk about the birth of the Czechoslovak State and how the twentieth century and its totalitarianisms marked this people. A pleasant walk of about 3 hours, to discover Prague and the current Czech Republic. You will visit the heart of the historical center of Prague with some of the most prepared and professional guides in the whole city.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Native Italian Guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - The Estates Theatre
- Entry/Admission - Josefov
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Staromestske namesti, StaromEstske nam. Stare Mesto, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
We will start from the Old Town Square where we will describe all the various buildings that make it up and discover the most important characters in the history of the Kingdom of Bohemia.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Prague Astronomical Clock, Staroměstské nám. 1, 110 00 Praha 1-Staré Město, Czechia
We will discover the famous Prague Astronomical Clock with its operation and we will learn to read it.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Karolinum, Ovocny trh 560/5 Staré Mesto, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
We will discover the oldest university in Central Europe. Meeting place for brilliant minds from Jan Hus to Albert Einstein.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The Estates Theatre, Zhelezna 540/11, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
The State Theater, the place that hosted the premiere of Mozart's Don Giovanni.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Powder Tower, nám. Republiky 5, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha 1, Czechia
The famous powder tower, one of the ancient gateways to the city of Prague.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Josefov, Prague 110 00 Czech Republic
The district that stands on the ancient Jewish ghetto of Prague. We will discover its synagogues and the famous cemetery.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Staroměstské nám. 934, Staré Město, 110 00 Praha-Praha 1, Czechia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.