Tour to Circum-Baikal Railway
Circum-Baikal Railway is a unique monument of the engineering minds of late XIX century. Used to be the the most expensive part of the Transsiberian railway, now it is still the most interesting and beautiful one, became a part of Baikal National Park. Visit of this part of railway will give you an understanding of architecture and construction solutions of that days, and the feel of unique nature of the lake. You will go downhill through taiga forest, following the river of Angasolka till its connection with the lake. It is a small village there, used to build for railway workers. Then you will follow the tracks, touching stones in the tunnels built in early 1900s and feeling the breeze of the lake. After the walk we will have a lunch and enjoy the view of the Southern Baikal from the viewpoint. We highly recommend this tour to everybody who is interested in the Transsiberian railway!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
• 09:00 Departure from Irkutsk. We pick you up from any point you requested
• 11:00 Arrival in the starting point of trekking. From here we will start walking part of the tour. We will go downhill from the new line of the Transsiberian through the valley to Lake Baikal
• 13:00 Coming to the lake, village of Staraya Angasolka. Staraya Angasolka is a small station and few buildings, there are art galley and good eatery with tasty pancakes during summer!
• 13:15 Picnic (not included) and walking by the old Transsiberian line till the station of Kultuk.After the village we will follow the tracks, coming through three tunnels, several bridges and small stations (4 km). We will also see some leftovers of disassembled second line of Transsiberian.
• 16:00 Lunch at cafe (not included). Our guide/driver will wait for you at the Circum-Baikal Railway monument, which is built right on the railway. After the final shots of the lake we will drive to the top of the mountain, where we can have a lunch (not included) with a beautiful view of the lake. By the way, "kultuk" in turk language means "dead-end".
• 16:30 Departure from Kultuk
• 18:30 Arrival in Irkutsk. We arrive to Irkutsk and drop you off to where you need
Departure Point :Your hotel in Irkutsk
Departure Time :10:00 am every day
Return Detail :Your hotel in Irkutsk
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- For group of less than 4 people the walking part is non-guided. You will receive clear instructions where to go (it's really easy), and your guide will wait for you at the end of your trekking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.