Tour to the Colonial City of Galle
Discover the historic UNESCO-listed Dutch fort and the charming architecture of Galle, witness the amazing views of stilt fishing, visit the sacred Japanese Peace Pagoda, spend time relaxing at Jungle beach and visit a sea turtle hatchery on this private day tour. Explore Galle Fort and learn more about its tumultuous history as a hub for trade. The best part is that this tour can be 100% personalized to fit your needs and make your travel wishes come true!
‣ Visit the historical city of Galle and its ramparts
‣ Witness stilt fishermen in Koggala
‣ Visit the Japanese Peace Pagoda
‣ Discover the hidden jem in the jungle - Jungle beach
‣ Visit a turtle harchery in Kosgoda
‣ 100% customizable tour
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- All entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entry/Admission - Galbokka Sea Turtle Hatchery
What's excluded :
- Restroom on board
- WiFi on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galbokka Sea Turtle Hatchery, Galbokka, Kosgoda Sri Lanka
The Turtle Care Centre at Kosgoda beach is one of 18 turtle hatcheries along the southern coast of Sri Lanka. The centre is located in the South Western coastal village of Kosgoda and was establised in 1981. It is also very popular as all five species of turtles that visit Sri Lanka nest in Kosgoda. This is not so with many of the other hatcheries around the island whose beaches host only some of the species. The centre functions mainly as a hatchery and makes huge efforts to increase the rate of hatching, and survival of baby turtles in their very initial stages. However the care center also works on sick or injured adults; treating them and releasing them back into the ocean.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Galle Fort, Church Street, Galle 80000 Sri Lanka
Commonly referred to as the Galle Dutch Fort, the Fort was initially built in the Bay of Galle on the south-west coast of Sri Lanka, in 1588, by the Portuguese. Originally built by the Portuguese and later developed by the Dutch and the British, it covers nearly four sq km’s, and is protected by 12 bastions and connecting ramparts. It stands to date as a historical, archaeological and architectural heritage monument, which, even after four centuries, still retains a magnificent appearance, thank to the extensive reconstruction work done by the Archaeological Department of Sri Lanka.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Japanese Peace Pagoda, Rumassala, Unawatuna 80600 Sri Lanka
Built on the Rumassala hills (between Galle Fort and Unawatuna beach), Japanese Peace Pagoda is one of the four most famous Buddhist Stupas in Sri Lanka. Being on the hills, it also has a mesmerising view of the Galle bay and Galle lighthouse. Constructed in 2005 by Japanese monks as part of a scheme to build peace temples in conflict zones, the monument serves as a beacon of hope for people all over the world. This is a perfect place to take in the always impressive Sri Lankan sunsets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Jungle Beach, Unawatuna 80600 Sri Lanka
Jungle Beach is a secluded beach at the foot of Rumassala, now popular amongst tourists. It is divided into two sections and access requires a 10 minute walk through a jungle path, either from the paved road or the Peace Pagoda. With a natural spring at the base of the mountain, Jungle Beach was an ancient watering point for colonial ships.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stilt Fishermen Sri Lanka, Koggala Sri Lanka
A great and extraordinary fishing method which only can be sighted in down south of Sri Lanka since centuries. This amazing fishing method comes generation to generation and attends to fishing by morning, noon and evenings only. They never use bait and holding stick many hours with a hope of catching fish. The fishermen sitting on a narrow pole that tight with a stick which stands up on the sea bed and was one of the ways of living old Ceylonese. Weligama, Koggala, Ahangama are worldwide famous places for stilt fishing. The fishermen expecting fishing for many hours and need the great patient to capture the fish in this way. The annually huge amount of people are coming to engage this amazing activity.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any hotel in Negombo or ColomboAirports
- Bandaranayake Intl Airport, Colombo Sri Lanka
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.