Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Cairo
Drive to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here. Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- - All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- - Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place.
- Private All Languages speaking guide.
- - All taxes & service charge.
What's excluded :
- - Any extras not mentioned in the program
- - Tipping
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wadi Natrun, Cairo Egypt
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoi whose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
from your hotel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.